Very Old Fimo

Old October 25th 04, 11:40 PM
Suzie-Q

Default Very Old Fimo

I have some really, really, really, really old Fimo. It's
so old that I don't even remember when I got it. Most of it
is still in the original pacakaging and, when I squeeze it,
it feels sort of soft.

Is this Fimo still usable, or should I toss the whole lot?

If it's good I plan to sell it at a yard sale.

Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old October 26th 04, 12:05 AM
Georgia

It should be fine. The first beads I made, in 2002, were from a pack of
Cernit my kids gave me in, ah, 1986 or so.

Georgia
www.bead-designs.com

Old October 29th 04, 04:09 AM
Suzie-Q

I think mine are from the 1980s!

Sue

-
- "Georgia" ha scritto nel messaggio
- news:jFffd.314605$D%.211139@attbi_s51...
- It should be fine. The first beads I made, in 2002, were from a pack of
- Cernit my kids gave me in, ah, 1986 or so.
-
- Georgia
- www.bead-designs.com
-
- ...

Old November 2nd 04, 01:26 PM
ShelleyM

If it still feels soft in the packet it sounds like it should be fine.
Providing it has been stored properly and not sat in the sun, or been
otherwise inadvertantly introduced to some heat source that might have
started curing it by partly baking, it should be absolutely fine.

Best way to tell is to open the pack and try it. I have some really ancient
stuff and even the really old crumbly stuff (and I mean crumbly) can be
worked with newer stuff or with diluent, or quickmix and can be made usable.
Although it must be said sometimes you have to wonder if the time taken is
worth it (says she who NEVER throws out old clay).

Shelley
www.shelleym.co.uk