Facebook

Old September 15th 09, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Facebook

I'm on facebook, never used to use it much. Then I was unemployed for
months :-) Now I do write a couple of times a week on my own profile,
and a few times a week reply to others' posts.

Sometimes fun stuff comes out of it, like a friend of a friend being a
former student at my new school.

And we all got to see my brothers "diving with a whale shark" photos
much quicker, because he just uploaded them to his profile (only his
designated friends can see those, not the general public).

But, of course, one should be careful. And anything that is supposed
to be fun but causing you only stress, just drop it. Maybe some other
time you want to try again. I do have a strict personal policy about
not befriending my students (high school) on Facebook - I don't need
to know what they get up to, and I don't want to share everything with
them either.

But don't get stressed over it, not worth it :-)

Hanne in DK

On Sep 15, 8:41*am, Sartorresartus wrote:
I've been on Facebook for ages. *It's not a huge deal. *I only have a
few friends (students, mostly, and some work colleagues). *My profile
is Private and it's useful to pop a note there rather like a post-it
note to absent friends. *It catches more at once than a phone call.

I am aware of its downside, especially for the young and vulnerable,
but with care it is not the big Bad. *By far the most prolific poster
in my circle seems to be a US Pastor. *Generally Facebook is just
another newsgroup, but less proscribed. *I use Livejournal as a way of
communicating news to a select circle of frinds, likewise. *When
things were bad, I was able to keep everyone informed without phone
calls every five minutes asking how I was. *That would have been far
too stressful and repeating distressing news twenty times a day would
have been all too much.

These things have their place, like RCTQ and email. *It's how we
choose to use them that is at issue. *We can choose with whom we
correspond, we don't have to accept anyone we don't want to. *Deciding
to unsubscribe might be the answer, or checking that your profile is
secured.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

On Sep 15, 7:59*am, R. E. Wicker wrote:

I fully understand your unsubscribing to Facebook. *I faced several
challenges that were distasteful to me and finally got unsubscribed
but your information as I understand it, never dies it's still there.

Real communication with people isn't "I'm off to NY for the week" and
similiar quips, but if that's it for some that's o.k. just not me.
Public Domain doesn't inspire me to action or a richer life. *My own
endeavors do.

Want to know about my Christmas project? *You have but to ask. *It's
self inspired...non-Facebook project.

Rhoda

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:30:48 -0400, "Rita"
wrote:

I think I'm going to unsubscribe. It's just all too much for me- Hide quoted text -

Old September 15th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

wrote:

I think I'm going to unsubscribe. It's just all too much for me- Hide
quoted text -

OT--cant get facebook to load J* Quilting 1 June 30th 09 08:21 AM
In defense of Facebook Cheryl Isaak Needlework 12 June 27th 09 03:13 PM
.Facebook lewmew Needlework 34 February 15th 09 05:19 PM
Facebook RCTQ group JPgirl Quilting 20 January 6th 09 08:50 PM