new question - pricing

Old August 20th 03, 05:54 PM
scaperchick

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:17:17 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Beadbimbo"
:

]Wow! I agree. That's a beautiful bracelet for $15!!!

but. it's just seed beads. it's not like it's even complicated -
just time consuming.

LOL, that's what I would charge too - even though people will actually
pay a lot more, I feel weird about charging a lot for something that
costs so little in materials. (I know, I know, my time is worth money
too - it just takes a while to get used to that idea. )

It's lovely, btw. I agree with whoever suggested to price it at 3x
the bracelet price, as it's 3x the length (and 3x the time).
Old August 20th 03, 05:54 PM
scaperchick

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:39:47 -0700, vj wrote:

]To stay within your comfort zone, why not determine your ideal price, then
]ramp your asking price $1 every few months until you get there?

interesting idea.

]I walked into my friend's second hand store and noticed an item had doubled
]in price since I had last seen it. I asked why. He said, "I put something
]out and if it doesn't sell within a week, I keep raising the price until it
]sells." You can actually hurt sales by underpricing. People might think
]it's not really handmade, for instance.

okay - point taken.

Taken here as well... Raising the price can bring it up to the next
"buyer bracket" - those who will pay a fair price for handmade goods,
rather than those who just want something pretty and inexpensive.
It's just a matter of having the confidence in yourself, in your
designs, to step up to that next level.

It's something I'm working on, myself. It's really, really scary to
make something and try to sell it at that higher (fair wage-paying)
price. Self-confidence takes a long time to learn.
Old August 22nd 03, 04:53 PM
Carol in SLC

with that same pattern, when she says "matching earrings", my mind
goes BLANK. anyone with any really nifty ideas?

I have a spiral necklace Marilee made with matching earrings. The earrings
were a very short spiral with loops (like dangles) at the end to get the
threads back up and end it off. Make any sense? If not, I will scan one for
you - just LMK! I still have to scan some jewelry with my batik tops for
Deirdre!

Carol in SLC
New jewelry: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hillrose.jpg
Old August 22nd 03, 06:14 PM
Carol in SLC

i'd love to see a picture - thanks, Carol!

Check your email!

Old August 22nd 03, 06:16 PM
Carol in SLC

I'm patient ... no rush.

I just emailed 'em to you, but AOL sent them as a zip filed and for some reason
I couldn't open them myself. If there is a problem, LMK, and I will email them
to you separately.

Old August 22nd 03, 06:40 PM
Deirdre S.

No problem, they came through fine, and I think they look terrific.
Replied by email also... asking about the carved bone, if that's what
it is...

Deirdre

Old August 22nd 03, 06:59 PM
Tante Lina

vj wrote in message ...
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from vj :

]http://www.vickijean.com/images/jewelry/bracelets/bracelet_020.jpg

with that same pattern, when she says "matching earrings", my mind
goes BLANK.

anyone with any really nifty ideas?

Is there a way to start with the spiral then pull it around into a berry
shape? Or is there a pattern that pulls tight into a ball? I'm picturing a
ball of beads 12 - 16mm around.

* TL *

Old August 22nd 03, 08:00 PM
Deirdre S.

Got it, thanks...

Deirdre

On 22 Aug 2003 17:48:23 GMT, ospam (Carol in SLC)
wrote:

Replied by email also... asking about the carved bone,

Sent you another email, :-)

Old August 22nd 03, 08:49 PM
Dr. Sooz

You could make a beaded bead! (Well, two)

with that same pattern, when she says "matching earrings", my mind
goes BLANK.

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A through Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html
Old August 23rd 03, 02:00 AM
Jewitch

On 22 Aug 2003 17:14:36 GMT, ospam (Carol in SLC)
wrote:

i'd love to see a picture - thanks, Carol!

Check your email!

but . . . But . . . BUT I wanna see them, too!

jewitch

de-lurking with a color question Jennifer Moore Beads 8 August 16th 03 09:42 PM
Question about finished pieces Marissa Undercofler Beads 19 August 13th 03 05:54 PM
Posting Question angela Beads 25 August 7th 03 12:57 PM
Question for Kandice BedazzlingJewels Beads 5 August 1st 03 07:05 AM
Another question.... Question about Beading Thread Ken Knecht Beads 3 July 16th 03 06:24 AM