New Beads

Old August 21st 03, 08:47 PM
saucy

Default New Beads

LOL! I never thought of that before. Next time my little neighbors are
over we'll try it. They are two year old girls and I absolutely adore them.
Makes me wish my teenagers were their age again.

Starlia

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:06:19 -0400, saucy wrote
(in message ):

Since I was doing eggs I thought of Green Eggs & Ham so I came up with

my
own.

Then I couldn't let the breakfast things alone. So the next avenue was
toast and bacon. My hubby said my bacon didn't look like bacon, but he
isn't at he torch. So there. LOL.

We have a photo somewhere of DD enjoying green eggs and ham for breakfast.
She wa very small, and I was reading her the book. She announced, "I want
green eggs and ham!" and I thought, "Why not?"

I took a bit of ham and boiled it for a moment in water with green food
coloring, and put a drop of food coloring in her scrambled eggs (before I
cooked them, of course). She devoured it, and told all her friends that

she
really ate green eggs and ham.

Kathy N-V

P.S.: It looked disgusting. I know why Sam-I-Am had to force the other

guy
to try them.

Old August 22nd 03, 03:15 PM
saucy

yeeeeuck! I never had green eggs in the Army. If I had I probably never
would have eaten them. It's the only time in my life I ever ate eggs. I
grew up on a farm and I could never eat them, still can't. Guess marching
and fighting gets you hungry enough to eat anything. LOL

Starlia

"Kaytee" wrote in message
In article , Kathy N-V
writes:

We have a photo somewhere of DD enjoying green eggs and ham for

breakfast.
I took a bit of ham and boiled it for a moment in water with green food
coloring, and put a drop of food coloring in her scrambled eggs

In boot camp, we got "green eggs"-- no food coloring needed! The Navy, and
probably the rest of the DOD, uses powdered eggs, and if you don't stir

them
right when cooking up a mass of "scrambled eggs", they end up greenish.

Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/simplexities

Old August 22nd 03, 09:02 PM
Carol in SLC

just because it LOOKS awful, doesn't mean it IS awful.

Doesn't mean it isn't, either. :-)
I only have one more thing to say on the subject: green ketchup!

Carol in SLC
New jewelry: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hillrose.jpg
Old August 23rd 03, 02:41 AM
Kaytee

In article , "Diana Curtis"
writes:

I feel so badly for the poor guy being
hounded and brow beaten into trying this horrid looking food. Why doesnt Sam
I Am get it? No means NO.

Sam I Am is the guy being "hounded" by the Fox. The Fox is the one that
"doesn't get it"-- or most likely does, but likes being a pest....

Old August 24th 03, 01:56 AM
Cheryl

just because it LOOKS awful, doesn't mean it IS awful.

Doesn't mean it isn't, either. :-)
I only have one more thing to say on the subject: green ketchup!

ICK - have you tasted that stuff???
I think it tastes weird - I swear it is saltier than regular.

Have you seen the PURPLE???? LOL
Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old August 24th 03, 05:43 AM
Carol in SLC

I only have one more thing to say on the subject: green ketchup!

ICK - have you tasted that stuff???
I think it tastes weird - I swear it is saltier than regular.

I couldn't decide exactly *what* was *wrong* with the taste, but I thought it
was horrible!! And the green color was nauseating, LOL!