OT - pre-emergency prayer request

Old December 20th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default OT - pre-emergency prayer request

Keeping you and Bob in my thoughts Karen. Best wishes.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" Karen @ PlayPianoNow.info wrote in message
I just found out Bob was exposed to strep throat Sunday night. We need to
pray he won't get it, because with his artificial valve and all, it could
be life-threatening. TIA!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old December 20th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Airborne has herbs in it that thin his blood. We have to be so careful with
just about everything, because Bob is so outside the norm for people on
blood thinner.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Karen - what about things like Airborne? And definitely gargling with
some salt water! At least natural things that shouldn't upset the
natural balance in his body.

Big hugs Bob! How dare you go back home and get sickly germs!

Tina

Old December 20th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Dr on the radio was talking about that and Emergen-C. He said
the vitamin C is what helps in that stuff. Just go for that.
He mentioned some chinese herb called astrologous (I'm not
sure how to spell it) It allegedly helps build immune system but
is not harmful. Like anyone else with special needs Bob has to
work pretty close with his dr on that kind of thing though.
There sure are a lot of us hoping he is fine : )
Taria

Old December 20th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

Dr on the radio was talking about that and Emergen-C. He said
the vitamin C is what helps in that stuff. Just go for that.
He mentioned some chinese herb called astrologous (I'm not
sure how to spell it) It allegedly helps build immune system but
is not harmful.

You could mean one of two Chinese herbs. Astragalus isn't harmful.
Aristolochia is *extremely* dangerous, and in most places it can't
be legally traded any more.

Old December 20th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Thanks Jack, It was Astragalus. I'm not one to jump
on the bandwagon for offbeat stuff (although traditional
chinese herbs are hardly offbeat) I'll have to nose
around and read more about it. The one thing the dr. mentioned
(he was an MD) was that it isn't harmful but with heart patients
you always have to talk to your own dr.
Taria

Old December 20th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Karen and Bob, my thoughts and good wishes are with you. Please take care
and visit the ol' wise man (or woman!) at the first sign of anything. Hugs
and love

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old December 21st 06, 11:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Well, anti-biotics are a big part of the problem. They thin his blood too
much, and that's one thing that caused all that bleeding last year.

BTDT with my mum (she's on Warfarin), *AND* she's violently allergic (as
unto death) to anything penecillin based. So I'm sending up extra
prayers that a scare is all it is. Keep us posted...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 21st 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default OT - pre-emergency prayer request - UPDATE

Thank you all so much for all the Bob-be-healthy thoughts and prayers. So
far so good! If he doesn't get it by Saturday, I think we are safe,
according to the Mayo website. If you don't hear anything, that means
Christmas went off without a hitch! : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old December 21st 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

Glad to hear!!! Still sending those prayers and healthy thoughts 'til you
are out of the woods. And Merry Christmas!

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Thank you all so much for all the Bob-be-healthy thoughts and prayers. So
far so good! If he doesn't get it by Saturday, I think we are safe,
according to the Mayo website. If you don't hear anything, that means
Christmas went off without a hitch! : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Yet Another Prayer Request the black rose Quilting 15 June 4th 05 12:51 AM
A prayer request Pam Quilting 13 May 27th 05 10:29 PM
uhhh *mumble* prayer request *mumble* the black rose Quilting 29 March 30th 05 05:33 PM
A Christmas Prayer request Debi Matlack Quilting 22 December 30th 04 03:20 PM
OT Prayer Request NanaV Quilting 8 September 24th 04 02:01 PM