Sunday Jan 15th ...

Old January 15th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Sunday Jan 15th ...

Good morning ,, it is raining , cold and gray and i like it becuase we
need rain, i will have to dress up warm ,,, Yestreday was in an
opening of a Weaving Exhibition , lovely work , by ILANA RAWEK , An
israeli fiberartist. She showed works of Desert views and a set of
tapestries that show Childhood memories of the Holocaust years she
was hidden in a convent in Poland . She used to say that she had no
Verbal memories , but she had Visual memories, which she wove into
those tapestries.
As it was Cold i wore my handknit dress , and felt lovely , Even
thought it was cold and rainy, people came from all over Israel... to
see the exhibition.
mirjam

Old January 15th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Morning Mirjam

Got up really early to let the dogs out and went back to bed, didn't think
I'd fall asleep again and indeed didn't realise I had til I woke up again
much later than normal for me...lol and doesn't that make you feel sort of
wooden when you go back to sleep like that?? lol

Our weather is the same as yours but I see the little early spring plants
like daffodils and the like have enjoyed a drink, they started to come up
way too early this year. Still so long as they survive. I have two inch
shoots from them and other early plants.

Have a lot to do today so must get on catch up later

~Cheers......Cher

Old January 15th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

It is still snowing here. In fact, we have a weather warning for heavy
snowfall. The main roadsappear to be cleared, but I would imagine that the
side ones are not. It is not cold, and with the huge amount of snow that has
already fallen, there is an eerie hush outside. Plus, because it is so
cloudy, it is even darker than normal at this time of day. It is going to be
interesting to see what happens later.

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 15th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Katherine wrote:
It is still snowing here. In fact, we have a weather warning for heavy
snowfall. The main roadsappear to be cleared, but I would imagine that the
side ones are not. It is not cold, and with the huge amount of snow that has
already fallen, there is an eerie hush outside. Plus, because it is so
cloudy, it is even darker than normal at this time of day. It is going to be
interesting to see what happens later.

Higs,
Katherine

Good morning Katherine and eveyone else

Sounds like a lovely day to stay put in Labrador. We're forecast for
10 deg. (Celcius) today with rain. And more rain or showers during the
week. No snow here in St. John's!!

I made a list of projects (knit, crochet, sewing) due by April the
other day....there were 13 plus one more gift. So I've finished just
two this week. So I will be trying to get a jump on that list today!
But in the past week I have organized both my yarn stash and my fabric
stash (and added to both, but let's not discuss that!) so I'm a little
ahead.

I think today I will pick the wire back up and do the crocheted wire
and beads gift this morning. No church for us today; my two DDs had
track and field tournaments yesterday with CLB and the oldest fell
asleep shortly before supper; I thought she'd stay asleep, but no, woke
up five hours later and was then up very late last night, so I won't be
waking her yet. DH had to work several hours late last night and
returned late last night/very early this morning, and has to go back at
lunchtime, so he's asleep too. The younger DD and DS are playing hide
and seek.

Michelle

Old January 15th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:
[...]

Crocheted wire and beads? That sounds interesting.
BTW, can you remember the first time we went to that little yarn store?
Well, OK, not so little! I bought a kit to make myself the Opal laces scarf,
which came with the store-made pattern. That is the one I am knitting now,
and it is totally unlike the sample in the store. I am not a happy camper,
considering that I paid $21.98 for the kit! If I am on the Marking Board in
June, I am planning to take it with me, so that I can show it to her. Now,
the scarf is going to be nice, but it is not what I wanted, so I am not
thrilled with it. :-(

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 15th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Good morning,

It's cold here today but I see sun so that's good. The next row I knit
on my shawl will start the lacework. I'm at row 200, with about 500
stitches. I haven't let myself work on anything else because of my
tendency to put something aside and never get it finished. My DS and
DIL will be coming here today so they can see the new puppy before she
grows a lot.

Mirjam, what color is your handknit dress? Don't you just love it when
clothes feel good?

BB

Old January 15th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I just woke up - it is almost 8am here. That is late for me. I can
hear DH puttering in the kitchen, so I had better just say hello now
and get down there. He needs to leave for choir in about a half hour
but I have a couple of hours before I need to be there.

I restarted his vest and am now up to about the armholes on the back.
I got some really pretty yarn from Elann for a sweater for DD. The
pink one in this picture.

http://secure.elann.com/productdisp....derBy=&Count=2

I am tempted to start it but I am determined to get his vest done
first. I seem to have lots of projects backed up right now.

Old January 15th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

BB My dress is from Bought by Me Handspun by another Person quite
thick spun wool ,,, it is mainly Green blue with spots of darker blue
top DARK DARK blue and some Tukiz [ light] i could say it is a bit
like A Hawaian holiday poster of the deep sea,,, Since the wool was so
thick,, i ribbed it from the neck to over my breasts , and from middle
under breasts to my midriff ,,, thus it hugs me quite well ,,,, [ mare
maid effect :::]
I have knitted years ago and was nice how it really fits me ,,,

What kind of lace work are you knitting on your shawl , waht color is
it ???

mirjam

Old January 15th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hello to everyone!

The sky is gray here in San Angelo and the wind is blowing but the
temperatures are in the mid-50's F. No rain for us.

DH left an hour ago to make the two-hour drive to Rocksprings to pick up his
father and bring him here. He (FIL) has two medical appointments tomorrow.
The major one is first (at 7:30 a.m.) to treat an enlarged prostate. He is
feeling better than he has in a couple of years, and I know he will feel
even better after this is over. I've got the guest bed all ready for him,
but I plan to do a little sewing in there today so I'll have to "control"
myself and keep things tidy! I expect them to be back by 4 p.m. or so.

The "little sewing" I plan to do is to start on a bed skirt for the guest
bed. I'm going to make it so it will attach to the edge of the box springs.
We gave an antique bed (DH's grandfather was born in it) to DH's niece after
she earned her master's degree, and after we decided it should be passed on
to someone in the family with the potential to have children who can someday
inherit the bed. Then we purchased a new mattress set for our bed, got a
plain bed frame for the guest room and put the mattress set we had been
using on it (that set is still in good shape). I need a skirt to hide the
ugly wheels and legs on the plain bed frame. It will be made of a red/white
gingham fabric and I have a red matellase coverlet to go with it.

Well, I guess I better quit talking about it and go get busy sewing!

Y'all have a wonderful day,

BonnieBlue

Old January 15th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

It *was* cloudy here this morning, but the clouds are moving off and I am
seeing a lot of blue sky up there, and the sun is shining brightly. Mind
you, it is still quite cold, but then... it *is* January! )

Good wishes for your father-in-law's health issues, Bonnie. And your bed
skirt sounds lovely. How nice of you and your husband to give the antique
bed to the niece, what a lovely family heirloom to have. )

Gemini

Happy Sunday Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 8 September 12th 05 04:28 PM
OT - Sunday School Jalynne Beads 39 August 18th 04 02:56 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
AD: Stamping Fibers, NEW sets, Ending SUNDAY & MONDAY 8 to 10pm EST Spot Rubberstamps 0 August 17th 03 11:35 PM