ISO (I hope that's still the acronym of choice...)

Old July 29th 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

Default ISO (I hope that's still the acronym of choice...)

Hello ladies (and gents!)

Many many many moons ago, my mother bought me a wonderful counted
cross leaflet. A few years ago I lost it in a fire in my apartment
building, along with 20 years or so of carefully hoarded...er,
gathered...supplies and patterns. Unfortunately, I have not been able
to replace that particular book because I in my supreme ditziness have
no clue what it was called! There were three mythical pattens - a
dragon (possibly copper) with a really magnificent beaded neckpiece, a
white unicorn, and a (really very good) gryphon. Have any of you by
any chance seen this booklet and know what it is called and/or know
where I can purchase a (legal) copy?

It's so good to find this group again! I was a lurker, oh at least a
decade ago, and I think of this place often, particularly as I frog my
way through one mistake or another.... P

Old July 29th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Jul 29, 5:14*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/28/10 8:03 PM, in article
, "Lynoth"

wrote:
Hello ladies (and gents!)

Many many many moons ago, my mother bought me a wonderful counted
cross leaflet. *A few years ago I lost it in a fire in my apartment
building, along with 20 years or so of carefully hoarded...er,
gathered...supplies and patterns. *Unfortunately, I have not been able
to replace that particular book because I in my supreme ditziness have
no clue what it was called! There were three mythical pattens - a
dragon (possibly copper) with a really magnificent beaded neckpiece, a
white unicorn, and a (really very good) gryphon. *Have any of you by
any chance seen this booklet and know what it is called and/or know
where I can purchase a (legal) copy?

It's so good to find this group again! *I was a lurker, oh at least a
decade ago, and I think of this place often, particularly as I frog my
way through one mistake or another.... P

That sounds familiar - {quick look at my excel spread sheet}

Could it be this?

http://www.jeanettecrews.com/detail.cfm?ID=673

Cheryl

Unfortunately no, it's not but thanks awfully for looking for me!
The booklet I'm thinking of only had three designs, although I suppose
it's possible they reprinted it later? Does that book have a large
dragon with a magnificent beaded neckpiece that's maybe not pictured
on the front? (the link you gave said there were many designs in the
book?)
Old July 29th 10, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 7/29/2010 10:59 AM, Lynoth wrote:
On Jul 29, 5:14 am, Cheryl wrote:
On 7/28/10 8:03 PM, in article
, "Lynoth"

wrote:
[...]

Could it be this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Creatures-Myth-c...-/110564954816

If that's it, you're in luck!!

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old July 30th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Jul 29, 12:02*pm, Susan Hartman wrote:
On 7/29/2010 10:59 AM, Lynoth wrote:

On Jul 29, 5:14 am, Cheryl *wrote:
On 7/28/10 8:03 PM, in article
, "Lynoth"

*wrote:
[...]

Could it be this one?http://cgi.ebay.com/Creatures-Myth-c...-Dragon-Griffi...

If that's it, you're in luck!!

sue

--
Susan Hartman

SKREAM! You found it! OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU I might cry...even if I
don't win this auction, at least I know what it is now! Thank you
thank you thank you!
Old July 30th 10, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chemiker

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:20:24 -0700 (PDT), Lynoth
wrote:

SKREAM! You found it! OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU I might cry...even if I
don't win this auction, at least I know what it is now! Thank you
thank you thank you!

If I may presume to suggest something....

you might want to place a modest starter bid to establish a presence.
The greatest action will be in the hour before expiry. By placing a
"marker" bid, you will get automatic screens to increase your bid
without a lot of hassle. Also, (again I presume) you might want to put
in a max bid that you are willing to pay, which will remain invisible.

To those not familiar with eBay, if someone puts in a max bid of
$50.00, the actual bid shown will be the minimum needed to establish a
"highest bid" position - say, 18.50. . Should someone bid higher than
your *Shown" bid, eBay will automatically increase your displayed bid
to the minimum level needed to again establish your "highest bid"
position, perhaps $21.50.

This goes on until the bid expires. Your max bid limit may never be
reached, in which case whichever was your highest displayed is the
sale price. I someone bids higher than your max, you must decide to
increase your max or pass.

I hope you win this auction. It is indeed a treasure to find something
that has been lost. I'm watching the bidding myself, though I will not
bid on this item. (Ahem!) Your fox, lady, go hunt it! and Good
Hunting to you!

Alex, who received Maria Undi's book on Hungarian Fancy Needlework
last Saturday, from OZ. Thanks again to you all for bothering to help
me find it. Salud! Oh.... I did NOT get it for 99 cts.
Old July 30th 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

If I may presume to suggest something....

you might want to place a modest starter bid to establish a presence.

I put an item on my watch list and do just that....watch it. I see
how many are interested by the # of bids.
I wait till the last 30 seconds of the auction and put in the highest
amount I am willing to pay. Ebay will automatically
do the rest of the bidding for me.

Bidding ahead of time only raises the price, because others counter
bid.......the more interested....the more counter bids.

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Old July 31st 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Jul 30, 3:24*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:48:56 -0700 (PDT), Cathy from KY in CA

wrote:

I put an item on my watch list and do just that....watch it. * I see
how many are interested by the # of bids.
I wait till the last 30 seconds of the auction and put in the highest
amount I am willing to pay. *Ebay will automatically
do the rest of the bidding for me.

Bidding ahead of time only raises the price, because others counter
bid.......the more interested....the more counter bids.

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

You are spot on Cathy, I always put a 'watch this item' and then check
back the last day. * Bad idea to bid before that. * I start by asking
myself how much, in total, that item is worth to me and make it a
principle to never bid more, but at the last minute lol

Exactly! I know the max I will pay and slam it in during the last
15-30 seconds! If I still
get outbid, I didn't need it. I never run up the bid
beforehand.....because I want to
get it cheap!!

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old July 31st 10, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mary

Waiting until the last possible moment to place a bid on EBay is
risky! Computers tend to "cough" or get cranky at the worst possible
time! It is much safer to use my method -- I decide the absolute
maximum I am willing to pay for an item, and put that in as my bid.
And then I forget it. If I get the item, fine. If I don't, that just
means somebody else was willing to bid more than my maximum. I do the
same with regular in-person auctions when I have someone on site
handle bidding for me.
Old July 31st 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 7/30/2010 12:20 PM, Lynoth wrote:

Could it be this one?http://cgi.ebay.com/Creatures-Myth-c...-Dragon-Griffi...

If that's it, you're in luck!!

sue

--
Susan Hartman

SKREAM! You found it! OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU I might cry...even if I
don't win this auction, at least I know what it is now! Thank you
thank you thank you!

Let us know how the auction works out. I have this book in my stash. I
did the griffin as a Christmas ornie for my daughter one year.

sue

--
Susan Hartman

Acronym question Heidi Quilting 15 March 9th 08 11:31 PM
OT - Totally my new favorite acronym! Kalera Beads 14 June 22nd 06 06:49 AM
S.E.X. and other acronym Truebedoo Quilting 3 January 7th 06 03:56 PM
New acronym! Diana Curtis Quilting 41 April 3rd 04 04:21 PM
New acronym for us to use -- PIGS zo Quilting 31 August 1st 03 03:01 PM