W.I.P. Scrappy Quilt

Old March 4th 09, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

Default W.I.P. Scrappy Quilt

Here's a WIP pix of the scrappy quilt. 10in x 25 blocks. I am now
going to work on some pieced borders and make it look a little like a
medallion quilt. Thinking sawtooth, a little 9-patch of rectangles, a
couple of wide plain borders in between....

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...ome-and-garden

What d'ya think Jeanne?

Cheers
Bronnie
Old March 4th 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

I think it's great, I'ld love to snuggle under it. Thanx for sharing.
Take Care
Joanna
Alberta

Old March 4th 09, 07:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Clever Bronnie! You could make "rectangle" sawtooth, i.e. the long
pointy ones.
Roberta in D

Old March 4th 09, 08:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I really like that sashing idea, Bronnie.
..
In message
,
Bronnie writes
Here's a WIP pix of the scrappy quilt. 10in x 25 blocks. I am now
going to work on some pieced borders and make it look a little like a
medallion quilt. Thinking sawtooth, a little 9-patch of rectangles, a
couple of wide plain borders in between....

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...043REeHqc?vhos
t=home-and-garden

What d'ya think Jeanne?

Cheers
Bronnie

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 4th 09, 11:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On 4 Mar, 17:51, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Clever Bronnie! You could make "rectangle" sawtooth, i.e. the long
pointy ones.
Roberta in D

[snip]

Good idea Roberta. Bron
Old March 4th 09, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Ahhhh. Just right. I do dearly love scrappy and your sashing gives it a
little bit of order. There's a string scrappy going on here and I'll see if
a sashing somewhere is the next step. Thank you. Polly
"Patti" wrote in message
I really like that sashing idea, Bronnie.
.
In message
,
Bronnie writes

Old March 4th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Bronnie wrote:

Here's a WIP pix of the scrappy quilt. 10in x 25 blocks. I am now
going to work on some pieced borders and make it look a little like a
medallion quilt. Thinking sawtooth, a little 9-patch of rectangles, a
couple of wide plain borders in between....

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...Hqc?vhost=home
-and-garden

What d'ya think Jeanne?

Cheers
Bronnie

I'm not usually all that wild about "scrappy", Bronnie, but I really
like yours! That sashing makes it look sort of rail-fence-like and gives
movement and order to the whole.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 4th 09, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Bronnie wrote:
Here's a WIP pix of the scrappy quilt. 10in x 25 blocks. I am now
going to work on some pieced borders and make it look a little like a
medallion quilt. Thinking sawtooth, a little 9-patch of rectangles, a
couple of wide plain borders in between....

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...ome-and-garden

What d'ya think Jeanne?

Cheers
Bronnie

Fun quilt!! I love scrappy
Allison
Old March 4th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

I'm not Jeanne, but I must tell you that I really like this quilt. The way
the sashes create a zig zag effect is very clever. PAT in VA/USA

Old March 4th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Bronnie wrote:
Here's a WIP pix of the scrappy quilt. 10in x 25 blocks. I am now
going to work on some pieced borders and make it look a little like a
medallion quilt. Thinking sawtooth, a little 9-patch of rectangles, a
couple of wide plain borders in between....

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...ome-and-garden

What d'ya think Jeanne?

Cheers
Bronnie

What a fun quilt Bronnie! Now, this reminds me of the type of quilts my
great grandmother used to make. I remember being a little girl and
studying each of the little pieces of fabric. It's where I got my love
of quilting. Thanks for the reminder. :-)

Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/users/desert_quilter