Montpelier Needle Art 2010 Results

Old August 1st 10, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Montpelier Needle Art 2010 Results

On 7/31/10 7:21 AM, in article , "Tara"
wrote:

Ellice K.;862726 Wrote:
On 7/18/10 8:35 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:
-
-

Congrats, Sue. John Kazmeier seems to always be the one with big
ribbons in
the samplers - he's a fabulous stitcher. Montpelier didn't give you
free
entry ticket as someone who was showing? I'm surprised - most of the
shows
provide a free admission if you've entered a piece - maybe you could
ask.

Ellice

Ellice,

Montpelier Needlearts keeps a list of exhibitor names at the front door.
Exhibitors can come and see the show as many times as they want for
free. There is no ticket since it is not a "one time deal" which is
practiced at Woodlawn.

The person who organizes the show is a stitcher and designer herself and
she has made the show Very stitcher friendly. Panels were bought so that
people can see the needlework up close. The only thing the show does not
have are independently locked cases, therefore those items requiring a
case are put in the archeology artifacts case of Montpelier mansion.

I hope people will submit more to this show. Complaints people often
bring up about Woodlawn (e.g. cost to enter pieces, cost to see the
show, ability to look at items up close) are eliminated here.

I submit entries to both shows because I want to support such items
continuing in my area.

And if I get a ribbon (which I did this time at Montpelier!), it is
always a nice bonus.

I don't think there is any show like Montpelier/Woodlawn near me. I would
love to be able to see more of what other people do than I currently can.

Cheryl

Old August 1st 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 8/1/2010 8:05 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/31/10 7:21 AM, in article , "Tara"
wrote:

Ellice K.;862726 Wrote:
On 7/18/10 8:35 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:
-
-

[...]

Tara -

Congrats on the ribbon!

I didn't know about the free entry for exhibitors...it never dawned on
me to ask! Next time I'll know.

ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT MONTPELIER
For anyone who hasn't heard...next year the Needlearts show will be the
entire month of November (2011), and the special theme is "Along the
Chesapeake Bay."

Now everyone can plan accordingly!

cheers,
Sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old August 3rd 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Aug 1, 8:05*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/31/10 7:21 AM, in article , "Tara"

wrote:
Ellice K.;862726 Wrote:
On 7/18/10 8:35 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:
-
-

[...]

Cheryl,

You can always come down here. Woodlawn runs the entire month of
March.

Donna in Virginia

2010 Olympics shhdesigns Quilting 34 March 5th 10 05:50 AM
Stitching plans for 2010 Cheryl Isaak Needlework 9 January 16th 10 09:15 PM
Ultra-Punch Needle for the Art of Punch Embroidery Terriel Marketplace 0 December 18th 04 09:25 PM
Ultra-Punch Needle for the Art of Punch Embroidery Terriel Marketplace 0 April 12th 04 02:32 AM
The Art of Punch Embroidery made easy w/Ultra-Punch Needle Terriel Marketplace 0 February 28th 04 12:22 AM