May FO's

Old May 31st 04, 07:31 PM
NoraBalcer

Default May FO's

Hi everyone,

This is a quiet day here so I thought I would put down my FO's and WIP's for
May. Not many this month.

The FO's are
2 afghans
2 hanger covers
8 squares
1 secret project

WIP's
2 afghans, one a lazy stitch and the other a continuous granny square.

Hugs,

Nora
Old May 31st 04, 11:50 PM
JudyTurpin

I finished my Celtic Cardigan (NYCO), a sweater for my granddaughter with a
neopet on it (couldn't find a chart but she gave me a picture so I used
duplicate stitch to put it on as that is easier to take out and fix), and a hat
which started out to be for DH but ended up being for me (fit me better and it
was made with the leftovers from my NYCO). Also exchange squares.
JCT
Old June 1st 04, 02:32 AM
Carol

I don't normally remember my FOs, but it's easy this month...
2 personalized baby afghans
1 move (into my own apartment)

WIPs:
another personalized baby afghan

WIMs:
2 MORE personalized baby afghans (they seem to be popular!)
1 lap-size shell stitch afghan
1 full-size afghan
Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

Old June 1st 04, 03:31 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Nora wrote "This is a quiet day here so I thought I would put down my FO's
and WIP's for
May. Not many this month."

Nora that seems like a lot to me !! However for the first time I can
report an FO. Wow I am just too proud of myself - oooooooooo a deadly
sin - I had better stop !!!!

I finally finished an 11 by 9 inch cross stitch picture of a covered bridge
and it is really beautiful ( thank you Trish for the pattern book)

God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"

Old June 1st 04, 09:10 AM
Sue W

Congratulations Gwen! I hope we'll be able to see it sometime. What will you
be doing next?

--
Sue in East Anglia, UK

u...

Old June 1st 04, 02:45 PM
JudyTurpin

Kira wrote Another Newbie question: What are FO's and WIP's? BRBR

FO = finished object
WIP = work in progress
UFO = these are unfinished objects which aren't currently "in progress" (
example is a shawl which I started two years ago and has been sitting in a
knitting bag with no attention paid to it for at least a year -- or one afghan
sock and one red mitten, neither of which has a pair or is likely to have one
anytime soon. etc. etc.

JCT
Old June 1st 04, 11:28 PM
Shillelagh

Hi Everyone

I haven't posted in a while - went to visit a dear girlfriend in B.C. last
week - one of the exciting things we did was to see Cirque Du Soleil -
fabulous!

Anyhow, here's what I finished for May:

-The Neverending Sweater for my Daughter - grey cable in Patons DK.
-Yellow cotton kitchen set for a shower (kitchen towel, 2 potholders, 2
dishcloths)
-1 pr blue mittens for our Christmas Cheer Board

and since I never got around to posting my FO's for April - here they are
too:

- 5 8x8 afghan squares for charity (many more to come)
- 1 pr of brightly coloured socks for me
- 1 pr child's camo mittens for the Cheer Board

WIP - an afghan for myself in green chenille. I'm doing it in strips so it
is more "portable" as a knitting project.

WIM's
more socks - I have tons of sock yarn to use up
my granddaughter has grown out of one of the sweaters I made for her and she
politely asked me if I could make her another one in a much bigger size
(grin). yeahhhhh - I can use up more stash yarn.
more afghan squares
more mittens for the Cheer Board

Shelagh