paper piecing...

Old December 8th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
sewamommy

Default paper piecing...

i have absoultely no idea how to do it, i looked at a few sites but i
think i got more confused...any have any good books or sites?

I finished my bag for my SIL.!. i am so glad! now i can finish my
pillow for nana, and then begin on MIL pocketbook!!!!!!

I had a terrible night sewing last night!!!!!! i broke a couple of
needles, the thread kept getting tied in the bobbin and the tension nob
kept moving...but i finally finished it!!! it looks pretty good for my
2 pocketbook and my first gift to give someone!!!!

Larissa, hope your little one feels much better, i know life can be
hard when one is sick!!!!

happy holidays!!!! prayers to everyone!!

sewamommy: hazel

Old December 8th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Don't worry, Hazel. This does look confusing at first. Once you get
the hang of it, you'll be fine.
Try to find the book 'Teach me to Paper Piece' by Carol Doak. She is a
wonderful teacher of the technique and many here have benefited from her
work. She has written many books, and now includes CD's with them.
I think I have the title correct - it is pretty much right, if not.
..
In message . com,
sewamommy writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 8th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
sewamommy

Patti wrote:
Don't worry, Hazel. This does look confusing at first. Once you get
the hang of it, you'll be fine.
Try to find the book 'Teach me to Paper Piece' by Carol Doak. She is a
wonderful teacher of the technique and many here have benefited from her
work. She has written many books, and now includes CD's with them.
I think I have the title correct - it is pretty much right, if not.
.
In message . com,
sewamommy writes
i have absoultely no idea how to do it, i looked at a few sites but i
think i got more confused...any have any good books or sites?

I finished my bag for my SIL.!. i am so glad! now i can finish my
pillow for nana, and then begin on MIL pocketbook!!!!!!

I had a terrible night sewing last night!!!!!! i broke a couple of
needles, the thread kept getting tied in the bobbin and the tension nob
kept moving...but i finally finished it!!! it looks pretty good for my
2 pocketbook and my first gift to give someone!!!!

Larissa, hope your little one feels much better, i know life can be
hard when one is sick!!!!

happy holidays!!!! prayers to everyone!!

sewamommy: hazel

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Thanks!!!! im also looking for another book, The complete quilt
guide...thanks to all..

Old December 8th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Carol Doak. That's all you need to know. She knows all and tells all
and in a very easy to learn manner.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 8th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

I'll go along with the others and recommend Carol Doak for paper
piecing, but I'll go a step farther and tell you to get her new DVD.
She has it on her site at www.caroldoak.com and it makes it SO EASY to
understand!!! She ships quickly, too! Great customer service!!

On 8 Dec 2006 09:08:44 -0800, "sewamommy"
wrote:

i have absoultely no idea how to do it, i looked at a few sites but i
think i got more confused...any have any good books or sites?

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old December 8th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks for this info. Carole. I didn't realise there was something
'separate' from the books. I'm often asked for recommendations on how
to learn to paper piece, so I must remember this, from now on.
..
In message , Carole-Retired
and Loving It writes

Old December 8th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

http://www.cstone.net/~debra/slide/slide.htm
this showed me how it worked.
right click on this slide show for stop, start, reply etc. works a treat.
working backwards so it took some concentration to wrap ones brain around
the concept.
try a simple block so get the hang of it.
once mastered this technique knows no bounds.
carol doak also has a yahoo group with some free patterns, draws with free
giveaways and some block swaps going on there. the link to her group is on
her website too.
hth,
jeanne
NAYY
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"sewamommy" wrote...

Old December 8th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Carol Doak is really good. See the free
"Instructional" pattern:
http://www.caroldoak.com/free-quilt-patterns.php
Cindi Edgerton is very good, too. Scroll
to free "how to" pattern:
http://tinyurl.com/sagu4

And before I forget, Hazel: WELCOME yo
RCTQ Land!!
The only "rule" you really need to know:
Send a pound or two of chocolate to the
Official Chocolate
Tasting Office, conveniently located
here in my Palace in
Virginia, USA. I will taste test if for
you and report via
E-Mail. No need to thank me! It is my
selfless volunteer service
to the RCTQ Community.

PAT, Official Chocolate Taster or RCTQ
AND Queen of Everything

Old December 8th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

sewamommy wrote:
i have absoultely no idea how to do it, i looked at a few sites but i
think i got more confused...any have any good books or sites?

I finished my bag for my SIL.!. i am so glad! now i can finish my
pillow for nana, and then begin on MIL pocketbook!!!!!!

I had a terrible night sewing last night!!!!!! i broke a couple of
needles, the thread kept getting tied in the bobbin and the tension nob
kept moving...but i finally finished it!!! it looks pretty good for my
2 pocketbook and my first gift to give someone!!!!

Larissa, hope your little one feels much better, i know life can be
hard when one is sick!!!!

happy holidays!!!! prayers to everyone!!

sewamommy: hazel

I'm with you on that one. If there's a redemial paper-piecing class, I
need to join. I'm sure we can learn though. I got Alex Anderson's paper
piecing book, and it looks promising.
Here's a quick little lesson where you do one block. It seemed to make
sense to me, and my block actually looked okay.

http://72.14.203.104/searchq=cache:b...d=7&ie=U TF-8

Hope that shows up okay, it's an awfully long url.

Sherry

Old December 9th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Carol Doak has a DVD out that shows how to paper piece. I learned from a CD
of hers that was included in a book. You can buy directly from Carol at
http://www.caroldoak.com

--
Mary
ups.com...
:
: I finished my bag for my SIL.!. i am so glad! now i can finish my
: pillow for nana, and then begin on MIL pocketbook!!!!!!
:
: I had a terrible night sewing last night!!!!!! i broke a couple of
: needles, the thread kept getting tied in the bobbin and the tension nob
: kept moving...but i finally finished it!!! it looks pretty good for my
: 2 pocketbook and my first gift to give someone!!!!
:
: Larissa, hope your little one feels much better, i know life can be
: hard when one is sick!!!!
:
: happy holidays!!!! prayers to everyone!!
:
: sewamommy: hazel
:

Some experiments I have been trying..... Ray Jones Polymer Clay 5 March 26th 04 09:26 PM
Paper Piecing Cheryl Quilting 12 January 4th 04 07:01 PM
Paper Piecing Cheryl Quilting 2 January 3rd 04 08:09 AM
paper piecing site??? Helen in MN Quilting 4 December 14th 03 12:03 PM
paper piecing questions Elizabeth Young Quilting 30 September 3rd 03 04:17 AM