Where is Noreen's Knit-che?

Old August 17th 05, 06:47 AM

Default Where is Noreen's Knit-che?

I was looking to grab the pattern for the Glamour Scarf, and I can't
get to the site Is anyone else having the same problem?

Old August 17th 05, 06:58 AM

Looks like the scoundrel pulled the page as she is takeing credit for
patterns that are not hers. Maybe the real author of the scarf you
want will pipe up and direct you to it.

bj

http://www.bluemoonfibers.com

Old August 17th 05, 12:42 PM
Wooly

As nearly as I can tell the "Glamour Scarf" on Noreen's site
is...Noreen's pattern. What proof do you have to the contrary? Or is
your sudden and apparently unfounded placing of blame possibly an
effort to redirect our attention from the real transgressor?

On 16 Aug 2005 22:58:46 -0700, spewed forth :

Looks like the scoundrel pulled the page as she is takeing credit for
patterns that are not hers. Maybe the real author of the scarf you
want will pipe up and direct you to it.

bj

http://www.bluemoonfibers.com

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old August 17th 05, 07:10 PM
Kathryn Tewson

I am 99% sure that the Glamour Scarf is from a 1960's era book called
"Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery." The Prairie Breeze shawl is not hers,
it is the Cobweb Lace Shawl from the Winter 04 MagKnits. The stitch patters
she presented were not hers to sell, they were offered for free (but
copyrighted) at knittingand.com. And her Mystical Spiral Socks or whatever
they were called had the photo, at least, taken from Patons' site.

Old August 17th 05, 08:50 PM
Kathryn Tewson

The only thing of the below that I haven't confirmed is the Glamour Scarf.
The rest of it? I have been VERY, very careful. If you have any of Noreen's
patterns or photos that I mention below, I can show you the originals.

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I think that before you make such an accusation , you should be very
very very careful
mirjam
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:10:04 -0700, "Kathryn Tewson"
wrote:

I am 99% sure that the Glamour Scarf is from a 1960's era book called
"Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery." The Prairie Breeze shawl is not
hers,
it is the Cobweb Lace Shawl from the Winter 04 MagKnits. The stitch
patters
she presented were not hers to sell, they were offered for free (but
copyrighted) at knittingand.com. And her Mystical Spiral Socks or
whatever
they were called had the photo, at least, taken from Patons' site.

. ..

Old August 17th 05, 08:57 PM

I can't find the patterns page either. Is it possible that those
patterns aren't really hers, and the knitting police quashed that
particular page?
LB

Old August 18th 05, 01:11 AM
knittingand

I emailed her that she had been caught selling patterns from my site
and that if she didn't remove them I would take further action. She
seems to have removed all the patterns since the people who alerted me
that she was selling my patterns also caught her selling a lot of other
people's work too.

I saved the page in order to prove the images of my patterns were just
doctored ones from my website so if you'd like proof I can provide it.

I would also suggest that anyone who has purchased any of the following
patterns from her demand their money back:

Diffused Lace Web Stitch
Labyrinth Lace Web Stitch
Matrix Openwork Lace Web Stitch
and
Maze Lace Web Stitch

as these are patterns from my website that I give away for free.

I don't understand why she thought she'd get away with it. I have over
6,000 individual visitors to my website every day, one of them was
bound to see the patterns on her site eventually (and they did,
obviously).

Sarah

Old August 18th 05, 01:58 AM
knittingand

img
src="http://www.knitting-and.com/blog/blog-pics/2005/noreen/images.jpg"

These are the images that noreen had on her patterns page at the top,
and the images from my website shrunk to the same size at the bottom.
They're not just similar, they're the same images with a quick border
and colour-shift to try and disguise them.