Locate Pattern? Crochet Afghan...help.

Old January 13th 05, 04:29 PM
Craftkitten (Darlene)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:59:04 GMT, Jenn W.
wrote:

It sounds like a really big granny square. I don't crochet granny
squares, so I know my directions wouldn't come out looking right. Any
granny square makers here who could give her the basics?

Jenn

Here is a link to a pattern for a granny square afghan
http://www.thesmartyarns.com/pattern...areAfghan.html

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten
Old January 13th 05, 11:38 PM
Maeven

Thank you so much. Everyone has been so kind in trying to help me! I'm
going to the yarn store this weekend and can't wait to start.

Thank you again!

Wendy

chinacat781 wrote:
Corner to Corner Afghan
Courtesy of Bernat
For Designs For America from Solutia

Size: Finished size approximately 48" x 64".

Materials: Worsted-weight yarn Berella '4'(100% acrylic, 220 yards per
3 1/2 oz/100g skein for solid colors; 185 yds per 3 oz/85g skein for
ombres) by Bernat: 4 skeins #8876 Deep Sea Green (Col A); 6 skeins
#8969 Wine Mist Ombre (Col B); 4 skeins #8771 Dark Orchid (Col C).
Crochet hook size I-9/5.5mm or size needed to obtain Gauge.

Gauge: 1 shell (group) = 1". To save time, take time to check your
gauge.

Notes

Afghan is worked diagonally from one corner to opposite corner.
Change colors as follows: In last st before changing to new color, work
until 2 loops remain on hook. With new color, yarn over and draw
through last 2 loops on hook.
Striping Pattern
Rows 1-39: 39 rows Col A
Row 40: 1 row Col B
Rows 41-45: 5 rows Col A
Rows 46 & 47: 2 rows Col B
Rows 48-51: 4 rows Col A
Rows 52-54: 3 rows Col B
Rows 55-57: 3 rows Col A
Rows 58-61: 4 rows Col B
Rows 62 & 63: 2 rows Col A
Rows 64-68: 5 rows Col B
Row 69: 1 row Col A
Row 70: 1 row Col B
Row 71: 1 row Col C
Rows 72-76: 5 rows Col B
Rows 77 & 78: 2 rows Col C
Rows 79-82: 4 rows Col B
Rows 83-85: 3 rows Col C
Rows 86-88: 3 rows Col B
Rows 89-92: 4 rows Col C
Rows 93 & 94: 2 rows Col B
Rows 95-99: 5 rows Col C
Row 100: 1 row Col B
Rows 101-139: 39 rows Col C
These 139 rows form Striping Pat.

Afghan
Using Col A, ch 5. Work following Striping Pat.
Row 1: Work 3 dc in 4th st from hook (1 group made).

Row 2: Ch 5, turn; work 3 dc in 4th st from hook, sl st in 3rd dc of
next group, ch 3, 3 dc under ch space of same group--2 groups.
Row 3: Ch 5, turn; work 3 dc in 4th st from hook, [sl st in 3rd dc of
next group, ch 3, 3 dc under next ch sp of same group] twice.
Rows 4-60: Cont in Striping pat, rep Row 3, having 1 more group in
every row until there are 60 groups in a row.
Row 61: Ch 1, turn; sl st in each dc of first group, ch 3, work in pat
as est to end of row.
Row 62: Ch 5, turn; work in est pat to last group, sl st in 3rd dc of
same group--60 groups.
Row 63 & All Odd Numbered Rows: Rep Row 61.
Row 64 & All Even Numbered Rows through 80: Rep Row 62.
Row 81: Cont in Striping Pat, ch 1, turn; sl st in each dc of first
group, ch 3, work in est pat to last group, sl st in 3rd dc of last
group--59 groups.
Row 82 & All Remaining Rows: Cont in Striping Pat, rep Row 81, having 1
less group every row until 1 group remains. Fasten off. Weave in all
ends.

Standard Abbreviations
ch . . . chain
col . . . color
cont . . . continue
dc . . . double crochet
est . . . established
pat . . . pattern
rep(s) . . . repeat(s)
sl . . . slip
sp(s) . . . space(s)
st(s) . . . stitch(es)

We hope you enjoy making this fine pattern, which features yarns made
with quality acrylic fibers. Please write and tell us what types of
hand-knit and crocheted items you would like to see on future crafting
shows. Our address is:
Solutia Fibers Division
3391 Town Point Dr., Suite 200
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Attn: Designs for America

Maeven this is the pattern similar but this one u dont have to sew the
4 pieces together, or u can do the corner until u get it big enough for
1/4th of the bed u need to cover, end off and make 3 more the same
size....just keeps adding on rows dont start to decrease them as in
pattern here. a;tho i do think that this pattern is much easier bc u
wont need to sew it togther. let me know how it goes GOOD LUCK!!

Old January 14th 05, 01:08 AM
Maeven

Dawn, I've just sent them to you, and Thanks Again.

Wendy

You can email it to me and I'll post it for you.

me at myfirstnamemylastname.com

Dawn Alguard

Maeven wrote:

I tried to post to webshots but it doesn't give you a url and all the
words I attached to the pictures when you search on them you get
thousands of photos. Is there an easier place to post, since I know
you can't post them here?

Sorry to be such a pain.

Wendy

Kristen wrote:

Do you have a digital camera that you could take a picture of it and
show
us?

~Kristen

"Maeven" wrote in message

Hi All,

My daughter got a beautiful afghan for Christmas from her teacher's
sister who has adopted her as her 'niece'. She visits the daycare from
time to time and adores my little girl.

Well my son saw the afghan and wants one for himself. So silly me I
said
I would make him one. The pattern looks very simple but I'm pretty new
at this so I kinda need a pattern. It looks like four triangles with
the points that come together at the center and it's a shellish pattern
of three double crochets then a couple sc to form the chain that the
shells on the next row would anchor on.

I know it sounds ridiculously simple, but I really need a pattern. It
seems like it would be one that is on the yarn skein label, but I've
been to the websites and don't see one that matches. The yarn she used
looks like regular yarn but not as cheap as red heart super saver.

I know this is not a whole lot to go on, but you guys are awesome and I
know you'll know what I'm talking about! 8-)

Thanks so much,
Wendy

Old January 14th 05, 03:10 PM
Dawn Alguard

See the photos at:

http://dawnalguard.com/crafts/DCP_0255.JPG
and
http://dawnalguard.com/crafts/DCP_0256.JPG

Dawn

Old January 14th 05, 04:15 PM
norma woods

Wendy, it's beautiful! Thanks Dawn for posting the pictures. If you ever
find the pattern, I'd love a copy of it.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old January 14th 05, 07:50 PM
Craftkitten (Darlene)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:15:00 -0500, "norma woods"
wrote:

Wendy, it's beautiful! Thanks Dawn for posting the pictures. If you ever
find the pattern, I'd love a copy of it.

That does look like a granny square afghan.

Don't know if my link to a pattern came through last time.
http://www.thesmartyarns.com/pattern...areAfghan.html

Hope this helps.

Old January 15th 05, 07:18 PM
Kristen

Yep, that pattern should do the trick to get her started, and then she can
just continue in whatever color she likes until it is big enough.

~Kristen

6x6 crochet pattern Stella Fenley Yarn 2 December 7th 04 03:01 AM
FS/giveaway: Crochet (mostly) books & patterns Joan Erickson Marketplace 2 October 9th 04 09:56 PM
ebay: Crochet and Single Afghan Patterns..... marilyn safier Marketplace 1 July 15th 04 01:18 AM
New Free Crochet Pattern Julie A. Bolduc Yarn 0 May 2nd 04 02:55 PM
Help - need a crochet hockey rink pattern QT-Pi Yarn 3 January 24th 04 11:57 AM