A "game" of color/colour....

Old December 29th 03, 03:40 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Helen \"Halla\" Fleischer wrote:
(NoraBalcer) wrote:

Gee, I wonder if they made variegated color paint?

Sounds like a candidate for a rag job with glazes.

Back in the 1970s I saw polka-dot paint for sale; it had globs of
the second color that had a different surface tension from the
base color, so it didn't mix and would make random spots. I still
wish I'd bought some.

=Tamar
Old December 29th 03, 08:39 AM
G.Kelly

Noreen, I do not think I can play as my space is small and already so full
of *absolute necessities* that i cannot see any change possible ummmmm just
one thing I would like a two seater lounge ( with a small table attached in
between) recovered in some thing to tone with my green lounge suite and
cream and autumns toned curtains.

Bedroom - just the afghan I am so excited about creating with the 6x6. By
the way I will remember teals and mauves when out turn comes !!! God
Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Scarey, but I had *another* FUN (and funny) range of thoughts....
There are two TV shows, the original Brit version: Changing Rooms, and

it's
American "step-child": Trading Spaces.
Okay.... so.... we get to change rooms, or trade spaces... but we get to
'cheat'..... we get to tell each other what our color/colour preferences
are, AND what simply CANNOT be removed from our bedrooms and our living
rooms.
Ready to PLAY?
______________
Noreen's:

Bedroom: It's navy blue and gold and olive green, and ANY of THAT can go
(I got it cuz Don didn't want frilly girly stuff)... however, the handmade
brightly wildly colored quilt CANNOT go. The BirdsEye Maple furniture
CANNOT go either (made for me by my Uncle Andy)
I'd love to see some mauves and teals and white eyelet in there.

Living Room: It's a hodgepodge of many country colors, and I like it that
way. The one thing that CAN definately go is Don's chair, replace it with
a blue recliner, light to medium blue.
ALL my afghans HAVE to stay, but I'd love to recover the sofa/couch...

it's
Navy blue, and I'd love something a little less dramatic, like my old sofa
sleeper was....
MY glider rocker and glider hassock HAVE to stay.
I'd like to see more peaches and seafoam green's along with my other
country colors.

There! YOUR turn!!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.

Old December 29th 03, 11:18 AM
Anna MCM

seaspray wrote:
Scary, aahhh yes, did you see it last night? The room with the wrappin=

paper on the walls and the empty paint cans nailed to the ceiling? OH =

MY
GOSH! I would simply cry.
=20

I haven=B4t see it, but... what a nightmare!
This reminds me of a artwork I saw at the museum of modern art in Stockho=
lm.
It was a pic of a little cab in Iceland, right in the middle of nowhere.
The little house had wallpaper on its... outside, meaning that the=20
outside world is the room and the inside of the cab is the world (hope=20
it makes sense).

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old December 29th 03, 02:18 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:18:57 +0100, Anna MCM wrote:

seaspray wrote:
Scary, aahhh yes, did you see it last night? The room with the wrapping
paper on the walls and the empty paint cans nailed to the ceiling? OH MY
GOSH! I would simply cry.

I haven´t see it, but... what a nightmare!
This reminds me of a artwork I saw at the museum of modern art in Stockholm.
It was a pic of a little cab in Iceland, right in the middle of nowhere.
The little house had wallpaper on its... outside, meaning that the
outside world is the room and the inside of the cab is the world (hope
it makes sense).

Hugs,

Anna Maria

I saw one episode where the "designer" wanted to put STRAW on the walls!
Another, they put newspaper on the walls....
NOT what I'd want anyone doing to MY home, that's for sure!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 29th 03, 03:20 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:39:28 GMT, G.Kelly wrote:

Noreen, I do not think I can play as my space is small and already so full
of *absolute necessities* that i cannot see any change possible ummmmm just
one thing I would like a two seater lounge ( with a small table attached in
between) recovered in some thing to tone with my green lounge suite and
cream and autumns toned curtains.

Bedroom - just the afghan I am so excited about creating with the 6x6. By
the way I will remember teals and mauves when out turn comes !!! God
Bless Gwen

And what colors are YOU hankering for for your squares, Gwen? I originally
was going for heathery mauves and offwhites and greys, but decided I HAD to
have some Teal's too, veg!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 29th 03, 05:53 PM
JJMolvik

Gosh, that reminds me of a story my DH said happened at work as a practical
joke:

One guy took all the tools out of another guys tool box and nailed them ALL
to the ceiling of the work room! Needless to say the first guy wasn't too
happy. However, more that 12 years later, they still talk about it!

JJMolvik

Old December 29th 03, 07:02 PM
Coggie

I used to love watching Trading Spaces when I had cable here . The
kids and I used to sit down every afternoon and watch together. I
always wanted to join up and trade , but we live in a modular home and
I haven't seen them do one of those yet.

I always loved the zebra room that Doug did and have wanted my bedroom
done like that since the show aired .
I am not a huge fan of most of his rooms , but that one I could relax
in . Hubby even likes it so we have thought about doing our room up
like that minus the bamboo latice work on the ceiling as we have high
vaulted ceilings and a fan ( the trading spaces designers are all "
fan nazi's " as hubby puts it).
I love what Gen did to kichens too . But my kitchen is all brand new
so no changing it right now .
I just wish they would do more bathrooms , I would love to have my
master bath done up , with lots of plants and such . I have a sunkin
tub with a skylight above it and have always wanted hanging plants and
lanterns for candles to relax under . Maybe I will have hubby do that
this summer.
Coggie
Old December 30th 03, 01:04 PM
G.Kelly

Noreen, I just love colours !! But the mauves are not for this room - I
like cream and vaux rose and burgundy and perhaps egshell blue ( all tones
my doona cover) but greens are nice too and if I keep going i will go right
through the spectrum - so i will stop here God Bless gwen

Old December 30th 03, 01:57 PM
norma woods

ok, translation needed Gwen.

vaux rose, and doona ?

--
Star love,
Norma

Old December 30th 03, 02:11 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:57:33 -0500, norma woods wrote:

ok, translation needed Gwen.

vaux rose, and doona ?

Jut *guessing* here, but vaux rose... faux rose, kind of a fakey rosey
color? doona?... umm duvet? (thinking BEDSPREAD, grin!)
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.

OT - The Worm Game Sharon Harper Quilting 3 February 13th 04 05:13 AM
Great game..OT Pete 'n' Trish Quilting 7 February 3rd 04 01:32 AM
OT - Another Game Show Funny Nurse Ratched Quilting 2 September 11th 03 02:33 PM