Size 17 - 29" Circular Knitting Needle Recommendation

Old May 6th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Size 17 - 29" Circular Knitting Needle Recommendation

suzee wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Els van Dam wrote:
In article
,
"Mystified One" wrote:
$40?!?!?!?!

I've seen those at Wal-Mart for around $5
From Addi.....?????

Is Addi really that much more expensive? And that much better? If
so, and if you will use it, then you can justify buying it. Pro-rate
the cost over the life of the needles, and you will find that it is
more reasonable, won't you?
Just a suggestion, as I don't really know. My LYS owner says that
they are not that much better, to justify the cost. Maybe I should
buy some, just to try them. g

I think they run about $15-20 US, depending on the size and length.

So pro-rated would not be dreadful, then? Now, about the quality? Are they
worth the extra?

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 6th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Katherine wrote:
suzee wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Els van Dam wrote:
In article
,
"Mystified One" wrote:
$40?!?!?!?!

I've seen those at Wal-Mart for around $5
From Addi.....?????
Is Addi really that much more expensive? And that much better? If
so, and if you will use it, then you can justify buying it. Pro-rate
the cost over the life of the needles, and you will find that it is
more reasonable, won't you?
Just a suggestion, as I don't really know. My LYS owner says that
they are not that much better, to justify the cost. Maybe I should
buy some, just to try them. g

I think they run about $15-20 US, depending on the size and length.

So pro-rated would not be dreadful, then? Now, about the quality? Are they
worth the extra?

I don't know - I wouldn't pay that much more for them in any case. I've
heard they're terrific, and I've heard that they're not when using some
yarns. Like the slippery yarns, people like bamboo needles better.

sue
Old May 6th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

suzee wrote:
Katherine wrote:
suzee wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Els van Dam wrote:
In article
,
"Mystified One" wrote:
$40?!?!?!?!

I've seen those at Wal-Mart for around $5
From Addi.....?????
Is Addi really that much more expensive? And that much better? If
so, and if you will use it, then you can justify buying it.
Pro-rate the cost over the life of the needles, and you will find
that it is more reasonable, won't you?
Just a suggestion, as I don't really know. My LYS owner says that
they are not that much better, to justify the cost. Maybe I should
buy some, just to try them. g
I think they run about $15-20 US, depending on the size and length.

So pro-rated would not be dreadful, then? Now, about the quality?
Are they worth the extra?

I don't know - I wouldn't pay that much more for them in any case.
I've heard they're terrific, and I've heard that they're not when
using some yarns. Like the slippery yarns, people like bamboo needles
better.

I'll let you know my opinion after I try some. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 7th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
In article ,
"Mystified One" wrote:

$40?!?!?!?!

I've seen those at Wal-Mart for around $5

From Addi.....?????

Is Addi really that much more expensive? And that much better? If so, and if
you will use it, then you can justify buying it. Pro-rate the cost over the
life of the needles, and you will find that it is more reasonable, won't
you?
Just a suggestion, as I don't really know. My LYS owner says that they are
not that much better, to justify the cost. Maybe I should buy some, just to
try them. g

Higs,
Katherine

I do not know if they are better than other brands, I do know that they
are much higher in price. I love them, and when one of mine broke, I did
send it back to Seattle and I got a new one back with a lovely card and a
smile. Even so, I would not buy one if I did not needed one or if I could
not afford it.

I think they are very good, and they stand behind their product, with very
good service.

Els
Old May 7th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

I'll let you know my opinion after I try some. g

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine is there a birthday coming up soon ?.....LOL

Els
Old May 7th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

I'll let you know my opinion after I try some. g

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine is there a birthday coming up soon ?.....LOL

LOL Not until November, but we have an anniversary in July. Maybe Keith can
buy me needles, and I will buy him carving tools. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 7th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

LittleKnits (www.littleknits.com) has a #35 24" Addi for $12.

I ordered one. And some yarn.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old May 7th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I like Addi circs because they're the only circs I've come across that don't
have cab;e that fight to curl up all the time, twisting and needing fiddling
with very few minutes. For me that's worth the extra. Maybe I'm just picky
Love & higs
Christine

"Katherine" wrote in message
suzee wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Els van Dam wrote:
In article
,
"Mystified One" wrote:
$40?!?!?!?!

I've seen those at Wal-Mart for around $5
From Addi.....?????

Old May 7th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

There's one positive recommendation. Thanks.

Higs,
Katherine

Christine in Kent, Garden of England wrote:
I like Addi circs because they're the only circs I've come across
that don't have cab;e that fight to curl up all the time, twisting
and needing fiddling with very few minutes. For me that's worth the
extra. Maybe I'm just picky Love & higs
Christine

"Katherine" wrote in message
suzee wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Els van Dam wrote:
In article
,
"Mystified One" wrote:

I've seen those at Wal-Mart for around $5
From Addi.....?????