Hey guys, look at this issue of Knitty

Old July 17th 05, 02:01 AM
Katherine

I think I like your sons.

Katherine

JCT wrote:
Thanks -- I suspect I had better check in with the boys before I get
any yarn. I have a hard time keeping up with what they consider good
lookiing. I must admit that I do better with hats and sweaters than
with tunes though.

The younger of the two is likely to wear almost anything (he actually
turns 30 in August) - and used to have a costume for any occasion.
(He is a high tech librarian by trade (mostly data bases instead of
books - though he loves real books) Once he asked me to make him a
"Sneetches" sweater - you know from the Dr Seuss book - with a star
on the belly. The older one runs a recording studio and I doubt if he
owns a tie or a sport coat. He does tend to wear dark colors. My DH
wears conventional men's clothes - though he is more than twice as
old as your husband. (He wore them at 30 as well, though.) He has
been after me to make him a classic cabled vest in color like a bing
cherry.

Old July 17th 05, 10:49 PM
Laura J

"Katherine" wrote in message
Laura J wrote:
"JCT" wrote in message
oups.com...
The whole issue is about men knitting and has patterns for men.

See the article about the marine stationed in Iraq who is a knitter:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/FEATcool.html

Made me think of our guys here on the newsgroup.

(Also thought that the sweater named "lucky" would really appeal to
my 30-something sons -- what do you think?
Judy

Hi Judy,

Well, I asked my 30-something husband and he said it was okay but
didn't really do anything for him He couldn't really describe what
it was he didn't like about it but I would guess that it is the ribs.
He generally likes very plain clothing so if your sons aren't quite
so boring in their clothing tastes they might like the sweater just
fine!
(He just read this over my shoulder and is upset that I called him
30-something since he's not even turning 31 til next month - details,
details!).

Uh-oh! Mid-life crisis already! g

Katherine

LOL! No kidding! He also sits on the porch yelling at the people who drive
too fast down the street. He's going to be a great cranky old man!

LauraJ