Log Cabin Leftovers, 1.5" strips, anyone?

Old October 15th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Default Log Cabin Leftovers, 1.5" strips, anyone?

I just finished a Log Cabin; I wanted to make a *really* scrappy one;
so I divided stash into "light" and "dark" and started hacking. I
guess I didn't know when to quit. I don't know *what* I was thinking.

There's enough "darks" to probably make another small quilt. A fair
amount of "lights", but not so much. I don't
think I"ll want to make another one. Here's a pic of the quilt, if
they are colors you think you might like to use
just e-mail me and I will send them to anyone who can use them. They
are all 1.5" strips, short ones, long ones.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...1618540DzOwJf][IMG]

My email address is sriddles at aol dot com

Sherry
Old October 16th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

The quilt is lovely, Sherry. Nice job! Happy for you . . . and no thank
you to the leftovers - that's a battle I continue to fight and lose. Polly

Old October 16th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dorothy McNutt

Sherry,
I sent you a private email about the left overs. I would
like to have them, if you still have them.
dreamboat/Dorothy

Old October 16th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kelly

Took some time to look at your quilts Sherry - they are lovely. I
especially love your log cabin one but then when I think of what to do with
my scraps that always comes up.

Someone had a thread about things that make you feel good or something to
that effect (have a cold and everything is going over my head these days)
and I must admit looking at everyone's quilts always make me feel good. I
finally viewed my slide show of the Seattle APNQ show last night and saw
ones I had forgotten about. Even pictures can comfort and make me feel
cozy.

Kelly

Old October 16th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Nice job, Sherry! I really like your choices of colors--and needless to
say, the blocks look perfect.

Wish I could take the scraps off your hands, but......right now I have
nearly as much weight in scraps as in the rest of my stash, LOL!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old October 16th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_5_]

Wow, I really like that quilt, Sherry.

-Irene

Old October 16th 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

"Sherry" wrote in message

I just finished a Log Cabin; I wanted to make a *really* scrappy one;
so I divided stash into "light" and "dark" and started hacking. I
guess I didn't know when to quit. I don't know *what* I was thinking.

There's enough "darks" to probably make another small quilt. A fair
amount of "lights", but not so much. I don't
think I"ll want to make another one. Here's a pic of the quilt, if
they are colors you think you might like to use
just e-mail me and I will send them to anyone who can use them. They
are all 1.5" strips, short ones, long ones.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...1618540DzOwJf][IMG]

My email address is sriddles at aol dot com

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Polly. I actually started the quilt for my dad, who was in a
nursing home, and he passed away
a few weeks ago, before I finished it. I doubt I ever quilt it. It
makes me sad to look at it now. :-(

Sherry
Old October 16th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

"Sherry" wrote in message

I just finished a Log Cabin; I wanted to make a *really* scrappy one;
so I divided stash into "light" and "dark" and started hacking. I
guess I didn't know when to quit. I don't know *what* I was thinking.

There's enough "darks" to probably make another small quilt. A fair
amount of "lights", but not so much. I don't
think I"ll want to make another one. Here's a pic of the quilt, if
they are colors you think you might like to use
just e-mail me and I will send them to anyone who can use them. They
are all 1.5" strips, short ones, long ones.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...1618540DzOwJf][IMG]

My email address is sriddles at aol dot com

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

I think you're right, Kelly. And it's so inspirational to look at
other people's quilts. If I get in a quilty-
slump, it always gets me back to it.
Scraps are always an issue here. I was raised by people who were
raised in the depression, and it's
just impossible for me to throw away usable stuff. Even though I know
I won't use it. :-(
The price of postage is well-worth not having to deal with the guilt!

Sherry

Sherry
Old October 16th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Default Taken, was Log Cabin Leftovers, 1.5" strips, anyone?

wrote:

I just finished a Log Cabin; I wanted to make a *really* scrappy one;
so I divided stash into "light" and "dark" and started hacking. I
guess I didn't know when to quit. I don't know *what* I was thinking.

There's enough "darks" to probably make another small quilt. A fair
amount of "lights", but not so much. I don't
think I"ll want to make another one. Here's a pic of the quilt, if
they are colors you think you might like to use
just e-mail me and I will send them to anyone who can use them. They
are all 1.5" strips, short ones, long ones.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...1618540DzOwJf][IMG]

My email address is sriddles at aol dot com

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!
I got a very quick response for the strips, it appeared even before I
could see the post google! (How did she do that??)

Sherry
Old October 16th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

I love what you did with this quilt!

--
~~~~~~~