OT - Thanksgiving leftovers

Old November 25th 04, 04:12 AM
Tinkster

Default OT - Thanksgiving leftovers

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:05:31 -0800, vj wrote:

Here are some ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers from Fine Living tv
channel:

*snip*

Makes me wish I was going to have leftovers to play with this year...
*sigh*

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old November 25th 04, 04:56 AM
susiegibson

yup
we will actually have people around to eat the leftovers this year... the
daughters have boyfriends with appetites....and we are cooking a smaller
bird

my pet peeve is rude neighbors who invite more people than they can
accomodate and then illegally park in front of our property.....they moved
when I said I was going to call the police if they were not gone when I
returned from walmart.....

so now we are parked there and shall have peace for the holidays and lots of
friends to come and eat with us.....

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Tinkster
:

]Makes me wish I was going to have leftovers to play with this year...
]*sigh*

**smile**
doesn't it, though?
but i need people around to enjoy leftovers.

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

---

Old November 25th 04, 04:57 AM
susiegibson

vj
stop stop you are making me hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I already sneaked in to the warm pumpkin pie hubby baked while I was
shopping!!!!!yummmmmmmmmmm

--

"vj" wrote in message
Here are some ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers from Fine Living tv
channel:

? Save Carcass for Turkey Soup. Take the whole carcass after
you've picked it as clean as you want and cover it with water,
carrots, onions, celery, and whatever else you have in your
refrigerator for a soup broth and bring it to a boil for about two
hours. At this point, you strain it. Try adding fresh spinach and rice
then cook it for another thirty minutes. You'll have a great turkey
soup to enjoy the rest of the week for lunch, snack or even a light
dinner.

? Make Cranberry Cream Cheese. Pour your leftover cranberry
sauce into a blender, gradually mixing in softened cream cheese. You
can use the savory spread on bagels or toast for a great breakfast
treat.

? Make Hot Cranberry Sauce. Pour your leftover cranberry sauce
into a sauté pan. Melt it down at medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Pour it hot over vanilla ice cream for a festive dessert.

NOTE: i LOVE my mom's cranberry sauce on vanilla ice cream!

? Make a Thanksgiving Shepherd's Pie. Mix your leftovers
together [turkey meat, vegetables, potatoes and stuffing] and put it
in a 9 x 12 baking dish. Cover the top with either a layer of mashed
potatoes or stuffing. Put it in the oven at 350 for forty minutes or
until it gets crispy on top and you end up with a great Thanksgiving
Shepherd's Pie. Instant comfort food.

Old November 25th 04, 05:13 AM
Cheri2Star

because this alone crap just isn't making it.

Of course it isn't. This is a time to be with friends and family. You're
welcome to join my loud and hungry family. Just email me for directions. (I'm
in Maryland)

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi
Old November 25th 04, 05:14 AM
Kalera Stratton

That's actually why I cook a big dinner every year... even when it was
just me and the kids, I really like to have turkey dinner leftovers.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old November 25th 04, 08:16 AM
Christina Peterson

Oh yes, gotta have carcass soup. The cranberry sauce is homemade from wild
cranberries. Shepard pie is always good and freezes up nice.

I try to get a couple cheap (49#) turkeys to have in the freezer, but I have
to admit, I always want them fresh for holidays!

We had invited a couple strays to dinner, but it looks like it'll be just me
and Pete, and a couple drop-bys for coffee or desert. It will be mellow.

Tina

Old November 25th 04, 08:18 AM
Christina Peterson

Dang, are you going to be all alone tomorrow?

Tina

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "susiegibson"
:

]vj
] stop stop you are making me hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooops!

johnny and i have been talking and his Cate and i may do Thanksgiving
at his place next year. even if i have to fight the traffic to get
there. and back. because this alone crap just isn't making it.

Old November 25th 04, 08:22 AM
Christina Peterson

Gonna have dinner with Oran?

When I have been alone I have cooked for friends/strayed, but have also been
completely alone. I don't really have much of a sense of time segments,
including anniversaries, holidays, and being timely!

Tina

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from tars
(Cheri2Star) :

]Of course it isn't. This is a time to be with friends and family.

You're
]welcome to join my loud and hungry family. Just email me for directions.

(I'm
]in Maryland)

**chuckle** thank you.
but i don't do flying well, either.
i'm becoming more and more reclusive lately.
mom moving away has been a lot worse than i thought.
and it's really hard on the Js and i to be apart for holidays.
i'm trying to work on it.

Old November 25th 04, 07:47 PM
Karen_AZ

I had a joke on my kids last night. I have a white board to write notes,
menus, grocery shopping items, etc. on. In the menu slots for the rest of
the week I wrote:

Thursday: Hot dogs
Friday: Hot dog soup
Saturday: Hot dog croquettes

DD was the picture of increduous. DS just laughed and said "yeah right." I
played it straight til they were both worried. This morning I came out and
exclaimed that I'd forgotten to defrost the hot dogs so I guess we'd have to
eat the turkey in the back of the fridge instead (amazing how they never
look past the front of the shelves LOL).

Much to MY amazement, DD has been imploring me all morning to make turkey
croquettes this weekend. Who knew she liked 'em?!? (Me too, but I know I'm
weird.)

KarenK

Old November 25th 04, 07:59 PM
Christina Peterson

Vicki, think twice about the "maybe need a dog" thing. When I was alone I
traveled more, which is much harder when you have animals. I used to drive
to places a few towns away (at about 50 to 100 miles apart). Drop in on
people. Sleep in the car. Not know how long I'd be gone. That , as well
as flying somewhere. All sorts of spontaneous things that I could easily do
without the additional responsibilities of bringing a pet or having it cared
for.

I've had company in my life from some unexpected sources.

AA was useful to me for a long time. A place you can always find someone
making exciting changes in their lives. And a place you can be one of them
anywhere in the world (as is also true of the Catholic church). AA also
taught me public speaking; better than toastmasters.

I imagine you have a fellowship available among your rock hunting buddies.

Because of the strong influence of the Native cultures here, and because of
the fluidity of family relations in their cultures, it's easier up here to
be mom, auntie, or grandmother to others.

I also am finding a huge increase in satisfaction with myself now, which is
largely due to age. And because of that satisfaction with myself, I am with
a man who is satisfied also. Making for a very happy unit. This is on its
way for you too, after you get through your current trauma. It'll take a
little patience, but it's coming.

Meanwhile, dear, have a fun day.

Tina

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Christina Peterson"
:

]Dang, are you going to be all alone tomorrow?

not tomorrow, no. thank you. **HUGS**

most of my enjoyment of holidays was having the kids around,
decorating, spending time in the kitchen, and going to my mom's.

i'm not up to try doing all the decorating by myself and just for me.

this is all new for me, and i'm still getting used to it.
i'll spend tomorrow with Johnny, Cate, and Eddie.

and i'll spend Christmas Eve with them, too, because we all go to
church together.

but the rest of the time is the pits.
i need to get a dog. but the fence has to be finished and i have to
be sure i'm going to be able to afford the dog and related bills when
i get one. and i'm not there yet.

OT Thanksgiving Shirley Shone Beads 16 November 25th 04 08:05 PM
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Susan B. Beads 7 October 13th 04 12:34 AM
American Thanksgiving JL Amerson Beads 2 November 26th 03 03:04 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Christina Peterson Beads 2 October 5th 03 09:20 PM