Finished my rush project

Old May 8th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Default Finished my rush project

Oh my! Thank you, everyone! Turned out to be a pleasure as well as a
total hassle--I guess lots of projects end up that way. Here's the
link for that optical illusion scarf, Mary: http://magknits.com/Dec06/patterns/counterpoint.htm

And I found this other link for Shadow or Illusion Knitting, as it's
apparently called: http://www.freshislefibers.com/Patte...ttinglinks.htm

So, black and white are "in" in Scandinavia, Erin? COOL!

Wendy

Old May 8th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"myswendy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Oh my! Thank you, everyone! Turned out to be a pleasure as well as a
total hassle--I guess lots of projects end up that way. Here's the
link for that optical illusion scarf, Mary:
http://magknits.com/Dec06/patterns/counterpoint.htm

Thanks!

And I found this other link for Shadow or Illusion Knitting, as it's
apparently called:
http://www.freshislefibers.com/Patte...ttinglinks.htm

I love that site, saved for when I have time to give it full attention.

Rushing at the moment for a big event at the weekend. Shouldn't be here at
all ...

Mary

Old May 8th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

myswendy wrote:

PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

That is so striking myswendy - it's lovely.

Someone will be very proud to wear it.

Old May 28th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"myswendy" wrote in message
ups.com...
PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

Wow! Congratulations! It looks lovely.

Could you tell me where you found the pattern? I'd love to try it.

Murielle

Old May 28th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"MSey" wrote in message

"myswendy" wrote in message
ups.com...
PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

Wow! Congratulations! It looks lovely.

Could you tell me where you found the pattern? I'd love to try it.

Murielle

From what I could see on the very first link I clicked on in my google
search... it is a free pattern from Lion Brand. I can't actually see it
though, as I can't remember (or find) my membership information at the
moment. I think I am going to have to re-join with a new membership, as I
am missing out on a lot of really pretty patterns by not having it handy.

You too can register a new membership (if you don't already have one... or
can't find your information, like me. *sigh*) at:
https://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/re...rns/50830.html

I hope that link works.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old May 28th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"MSey" wrote in message
> [...]

"myswendy" wrote in message
ups.com...
PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

Wow! Congratulations! It looks lovely.

Could you tell me where you found the pattern? I'd love to try it.

Murielle

From what I could see on the very first link I clicked on in my google
search... it is a free pattern from Lion Brand. I can't actually see it
though, as I can't remember (or find) my membership information at the
moment. I think I am going to have to re-join with a new membership, as I
am missing out on a lot of really pretty patterns by not having it handy.

You too can register a new membership (if you don't already have one... or
can't find your information, like me. *sigh*) at:

https://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/re...he.lionbrand.c
om/patterns/50830.html

I hope that link works.

*hugs*
Gemini

Hi Gemini,

Thank you! I've saved your post and will join asap ... well, next week.
This week is still with the "busy".

Hugs,
Murielle

Old May 28th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Not Likely wrote:

Could you tell me where you found the pattern? I'd love to try it.

Murielle

From what I could see on the very first link I clicked on in my google
search... it is a free pattern from Lion Brand. I can't actually see it

Actually, that scarf is not the right one, but I think I found it he

chart of design: http://vickidesigns.homestead.com/Piano.html

instructions:
http://vickidesigns.homestead.com/fi...YS_PATTERN.htm

And I have had to request my userid and password from Lion more times
than I care to admit, so I certainly sympathize.
Old May 28th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Not Likely wrote:

Could you tell me where you found the pattern? I'd love to try it.

Murielle

From what I could see on the very first link I clicked on in my google
search... it is a free pattern from Lion Brand. I can't actually see it

Actually, that scarf is not the right one, but I think I found it he

chart of design: http://vickidesigns.homestead.com/Piano.html

instructions:
http://vickidesigns.homestead.com/fi...YS_PATTERN.htm

And I have had to request my userid and password from Lion more times
than I care to admit, so I certainly sympathize.

Thank you, Melinda!

Murielle

Old May 29th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

*bowing* You're welcome. I had to go find it for myself, because it
was soooo neat.

MSey wrote:

Thank you, Melinda!