repost aplique art nouveau flowers help locating book

Old January 29th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default repost aplique art nouveau flowers help locating book

I got no replies so either nobody knows what I am talking about or I
wasnt clear enough so I will try again. I searched the web but could not
find this book. in the cover it has a quilt with aplique art nouveau
flowers. somebody sent me pics and instructions for one of them but I
cannot find them. anybody knows this book
--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old January 30th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I love floral applique books and I like art nouveau, so I was hoping to see
the book you were looking for myself. Can you describe the cover in more
detail?

Does it have to be that book specifically? Or would art nouveau floral
designs for applique be any help?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/048...lance&n=283155

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/048...lance&n=283155

I have appliqued designs from both of these books.
--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

Old January 31st 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Marissa, I notice that your subject leaves out a 'p' in appliqué . . . and
am just wondering if your searching problem just might be hampered because
of that. I hope that doesn't come across as critical; it's just that my eyes
automatically seek out typing / spelling errors.
If you can not find the specific book you hope for, there are some
lovely ones we can recommend. Are you wanting hand or machine? folded? Very
simple? extremely detailed and intricate?
Would love to help you. Polly

Old January 31st 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Could it be this one?

http://softexpressions.com/software/...ArtNouveau.php

Mary
Old January 31st 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

no, it is none of those... though some of those patterns look great! I
got an art nouveau xstitch book from the library but they are not
exactly what I was looking for... another book I got from art nouveau
designs got me much more inspired and might be enough...

thanks polly, that might have been be part of the problem... but I still
cannot find the one I am thinking about! should have shelled out the 18
dollars when I had it in my hands!

Old January 31st 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

it worked! it is art nouveau garden!
http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalo...que_books.html
now to find it in the US...

Old January 31st 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Maybe you don't have to find it in the US. I've ordered a few books that
were "furrin" and the media mail charges were not terrible. As our friends
here say, I truly do think they stuff our mail from across the water in
bottles and shove them off a cliff. Delivery is not fast but it is not
always expensive. Sometimes. You could ask. Polly

Old January 31st 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The Cotton Patch is one of our biggest quilt shops - its where I got
all my basting gun kit from. Very reputable. But obviously cheaper if
you can find it within US.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old January 31st 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You could order it from them (as in the authors) directly...

http://www.countryquilter.com/books.htm

Their shop is in New York.

marcella