Dear Red States

Old November 10th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default Dear Red States

Pat P wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message

Gay
couples in Florida can foster children, but then they get ripped out
of their stable gay homes to be put back with the maniac mothers who
were involved with meth or crack and the beat goes on and that poor
kid will probably end up in prison because of their total instability.

Victoria

You mean there are no homosexuals on crack, or alcoholic, or who are
violent? Get real!

Pat

That's not what she said.

Foster homes are investigated and regulated more tightly than biological
parents. An applicant for foster care who was on crack or a known
alcoholic or known to be violent will be turned down. Parents with
those same faults just have to clean up long enough to get the child
back and then can revert to their old ways.

Our local paper is investigating why a child died at the hands of her
mother's violent boyfriend instead of being removed from the home for
her own safety. A man with his background would never pass the
investigation to provide foster care, but it was apparently perfectly
acceptable to Child Protective Services for the mother to choose to
allow him to live with her child.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old November 10th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I'll admit to having the odd conversations about fashion - but along the
line of what idiot designed it and why did she buy it.....

That was usually my only contribution to the discussion.

Meanwhile, the bimbos are convinced that because it's shown in the
latest fashion magazine, they MUST wear it themselves, and there was
something wrong with me for asking why either the designer or the
purchaser thought it looked good. "It costs $5000, of course it looks
good!" I swear, you could put a four-digit price tag on a trash can and
they'd buy it because it's from the Paris spring fashions.

Here's another important tidbit for them (backed up by one of the guys
in the room) -- men do not know, or care, whether you're wearing last
year's fashions or this year's fashions. The only people you're
impressing is other women. Maybe gay men. But definitely not the men
you're trying to date.

Old November 10th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Karen C in California" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

[...]

Am I the only member of this group that actually loves fashion? I'm not
obsessed with it, but I like reading about it, looking at it and thinking
about it.

My wardrobe now that I'm a senior and retired consists about 85% jeans and
t-shirts, 10% slacks and jackets and 5% skirts and blouses, but in the days
that I was a married lady, who worked and went to parties and fancy dinners,
etc., I had a ton of dress clothes to choose from.

Does that mean when we run away to our island I can have most of the closet
space???

Lucille

Old November 10th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

You've got it, honey! I live in shorts and sandals 99% of the time. (A
shirt too).

Gill
Old November 10th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

I'm glad you added that you wear a shirt too. I wouldn't want you to go too
native.

Old November 10th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Nah...the mammaries aren't as perky as they were. LOL
Old November 10th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Plus our island has to have air conditioning and nekkid might be a little
uncomfortable.

Old November 10th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 9, 8:45*pm, Karen C in California wrote:
As to anyone else who takes issue with me,
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." * -- *Eleanor
Roosevelt
If my self-assuredness makes you feel inferior, look in your mirror,
don't blame me. *I worked very hard for what I've achieved in life. *If
my success makes you feel like a failure, ask yourself why you feel that
way. *If it's my degree, go get your own. *If it's running my own
business, go start your own. *If it's your own innate sense of
inferiority, go get counseling.

Oh please! Taking issue with you is certainly not the same thing as
feeling inferior to you. There's nothing you have that I don't
already have if I want it I just think that your wide assed
generalizations are offensive and annoying. And it suits me to
correct them sometimes.

But don't expect me to pretend to be less than I am in order to coddle
someone else's fragile ego.

As if that were what it's about. Nobody expects you to pretend to be
less than what you are. It would just be nice if you'd stop declaring
that anybody who doesn't agree with you is somehow inferior or just
hasn't thought things through. People who come to different
conclusions than the ones you've come to aren't inferior to you,
they're just different. That's why democratic rule is based on
considered opinions. If there were one truth, we'd be crazy not to
live in a dictatorship.

Elizabeth
Old November 10th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 9, 9:30*pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

Does that mean when we run away to our *island I can have most of the closet
space???

Fightcha for it. I don't care to discuss fashion, but I do like nice
clothes.

Elizabeth
Old November 10th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Karen C in California" wrote
(snip)

Meanwhile, the bimbos are convinced that because it's shown in the latest
fashion magazine, they MUST wear it themselves, and there was something
wrong with me for asking why either the designer or the purchaser thought
it looked good.

I really hesitate to call other women things like "bimbo", especiallly over
a relatively innocent fault like admiring styles without regard for whether
or not it suits them. (Look around any given public gathering--more than a
few people are walking around under the delusion they are all that when they
are prime targets for Ambush Makeover. And not just women) I think that
language buys into a male mindset that says anything not done by "the boys"
is by definition stupid.

Dawne

OT - Dear Dad Elly[_2_] Quilting 4 February 9th 08 05:37 AM
OT Dear all . . . CATS Quilting 5 September 13th 07 05:08 PM
A little OT Finished something - but oh dear! Cats Quilting 29 January 30th 07 03:39 AM
Oh Dear! KJ Quilting 13 January 31st 05 02:59 PM
OT - Dear Mom LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 8 April 25th 04 02:10 AM