A little OT Finished something - but oh dear!

Old January 28th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default A little OT Finished something - but oh dear!

Well I have finally finished something. But oh dear -
it's one of those
"I-can't-believe-I-ever-started-something-like-this-in-the-first-place"
things.

MANY years ago when I was primarily into embroidery I was
facinated by Assisi and Blackwork. In order to practise I
made up a pattern that consisted of one tile pattern
repeated in positive and negative colourways of two shades
of brown (why brown I hear you all ask!). Even before I had
finished it I didn't like it! It has been in a box for more
years than I care to remember only needing the last two
tiles finished.
http://tinyurl.com/29f9ev

Well - since my resolution for 2007 is to finish things I
took it out and tested out my new glasses by finishing it.
And yes - it is every bit as ugly as I remember it to be
lol. But it is finished!!

Sadly the ugliness of it has put me off my finishing fettish
for a while, and I started another quilt. I SHOULD be
finishing one of my UFOs.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...75796722mrSZnp
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old January 28th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
clutz

I actually think it very lovely! Good job on finishing a project.

I too, have made that similar resolution for 2007 and have 1 laptop done and
sent to my GD for her birthday, 1 fairly aging top at the quilter's and 1
more in my machine for my try at machine quilting. I don't dare count how
many UFO's in my tubs/closets/drawers - forget where I've stashed them all.
But I have a kit that I am dying to get to and probably will within the next
couple of weeks. Don't want to burn myself out by just doing the same ole',
same ole'.

Old January 28th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Cheryl, I think it's a really beautiful project. We each should finish
something we're just sick of and have a trade of the finished
projects. LOL. Anyhow, grats on finishing a project and getting one
nag off your plate.

Sunny
(who would really like to talk to you about how you did some of those
things in EQ5)

On Jan 28, 5:17 pm, "CATS" wrote:
[...]

Enness Boofhead Donuthttp://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

Old January 29th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:17:32 +1100, "CATS" wrote:

Well I have finally finished something. But oh dear -
it's one of those
"I-can't-believe-I-ever-started-something-like-this-in-the-first-place"
things.

Well, maybe it's just me, but I really like it! It would blend in
well in any earth tone room. It would look quite nice across my
breakfast table!!

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old January 29th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

In article ,
"CATS" wrote:

Well I have finally finished something. But oh dear -
it's one of those
"I-can't-believe-I-ever-started-something-like-this-in-the-first-place"
things.

MANY years ago when I was primarily into embroidery I was
facinated by Assisi and Blackwork. In order to practise I
made up a pattern that consisted of one tile pattern
repeated in positive and negative colourways of two shades
of brown (why brown I hear you all ask!). Even before I had
finished it I didn't like it! It has been in a box for more
years than I care to remember only needing the last two
tiles finished.
http://tinyurl.com/29f9ev

To me, with that restrained and austere design, it looks like
something out of the Middle Ages that's looking for a home in
a church; it's similar to some mediaeval wood carving. What
purpose did you have in mind for it?

Old January 29th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Well your new glasses must be doing the job Cheryl, that looks great.
You must be happy to get a UFO done.

The second link is very similar to a lap quilt that I made for a very
dear friend for Christmas.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53289228qEORQQ

Dee in Oz

Old January 29th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
C & S

Congratulations! It must be a great feeling to have finished something
sitting in your UFO pile for eons. It is lovely and I am sure you will find
a good home for it. Happy dancing here for your success! I love that the
QI is supervising, is that Enness or Boofhead? It can't be donut, your
frame would have a bow! lol

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Old January 29th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

lol Enness (aka Blobby) is the "big" cat.

The picture is of Boof, who is only a couple of pounds
behind Blobby. Even Donut is now a fully grown (though by
no means fat) cat.

I have taken in a new stray - a poor little grey-and-white
guy who was obviously starving. He is happy living in my
big shed and getting regular meals. He has become more
friendly and may migrate into the house by winter. Of
course this will require considerable "adjustment" by the
current king, queen and princess of the residence, but as
the new guy has shown no aggressive tendencies I am hoping
the adjustment will be peaceful.

--

"C & S" wrote in message
: Congratulations! It must be a great feeling to have
finished something
: sitting in your UFO pile for eons. It is lovely and I am
sure you will find
: a good home for it. Happy dancing here for your success!
I love that the
: QI is supervising, is that Enness or Boofhead? It can't
be donut, your
: frame would have a bow! lol
:
: --
: Carole
: Champlain, NY
: http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
: http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
:
:
: ...

Old January 29th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Finished is my favorite kind of quilt (or quilted item).
I am examining your project and can find absolutely nothing wrong with it;
you have my address? I know I'm not the only one willing to take this
off your hands and relieve you of this article that pains you so.
As a Finisher and proponent of Finishing I'm just trying to encourage you
to Move On. Move on to your next project once you get this one out of your
home and into.. somewhere else. g

Now it appears that you and Joan are on the same inspiration trip or
Joan's Spring Fling has inspired you...? Lovely quilts.

Cheers for you and your Finished project(s)!!

Ragmop/Sandy