yahoo invite versus usenet

Old May 18th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default yahoo invite versus usenet

I'm leaning towards declining the invite, as I don't like the way
yahoogroups 'works' compared to usenet.
IMHO, a 'forum' would be more LIKE usenet.
Noreen

--
http://yarnwright.com/books
---

Old May 19th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I'm leaning towards declining the invite, as I don't like the way
yahoogroups 'works' compared to usenet.
IMHO, a 'forum' would be more LIKE usenet.
Noreen

The only spam that I get is from Yahoo. I belonged to a couple of (hidden)
list and set up an email account just for downloading messages from them.
Those accounts receive spam.
DA

Old May 19th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Did I miss an original post to this?

JJMolvik

newsp.s9rph8r2ulg4w7@d7hqvh71...

Old May 19th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

No, there wasn't a post, it's by invitation, and was sent out in multiples.
If Nora or Cher HAVE your real email addy, you'll have rcvd. an invite.
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418

"JJMolvik" wrote in message
news
Did I miss an original post to this?

JJMolvik

" YarnWright" wrote in message
newsp.s9rph8r2ulg4w7@d7hqvh71...

I'm leaning towards declining the invite, as I don't like the way
yahoogroups 'works' compared to usenet.
IMHO, a 'forum' would be more LIKE usenet.
Noreen

--
http://yarnwright.com/books
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-2, 05/18/2006
Tested: 5/18/2006 5:16:51 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

---
avast! AV: Inbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-2, 05/18/2006
Tested: 5/18/2006 10:27:56 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-2, 05/18/2006
Tested: 5/18/2006 10:29:18 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old May 19th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Thu, 18 May 2006 17:16:46 -0500, " YarnWright"
wrote:

I'm leaning towards declining the invite, as I don't like the way
yahoogroups 'works' compared to usenet.
IMHO, a 'forum' would be more LIKE usenet.

No matter what happens to this group, I'm going to stick with usenet,
because I follow other groups. I've been participating in various
usenet groups for almost 20 years. I've seen lots of episodes with
unpleasant posters, but they never last long. Every time I've dropped
a group it's been because they've become too off-topic. That problem
tends to get worse with time, unlike malicious attacks. With some
groups, the day would come when I'd say to myself, "This group is no
longer about xyz, why am I reading it when I have so much else to do?"

I have very little free time, and it's unwieldy to read and post to
yahoo groups. I use Agent, which is very convenient and lets me do my
reading and posting offline. (I have a dial-up connection, charged by
the minute.) I know you can get yahoo groups as an email digest, but
that's much less convenient than Agent. With Agent I can mark the
threads I want to follow, and I'll just see those when I'm very busy.

I hope those of you who join the yahoo group will continue to
participate in this group, because I hate to see the group broken up
by a malicious asshole. It's almost like telling him he's won.

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old May 19th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Barbara
i feel like you , i am so easy with Agent, it let`s me down load it
when i want it and not be nothered that my inbox will be filled with
stuff i am not interested in, Lately in one yahoo group i find i delet
most posts without reading them , waste of my server time, and i am
not feeling well , by deserting here , when a malicious person does
some horrid acts , and it will Ebb ,,,, why make my life more
complicated ,,,,, I also see that i can`t approach this Yahoo group
,,, thus it makes me uneasy ...
mirjam

Old May 19th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"B Vaughan" wrote in message
I hope those of you who join the yahoo group will continue to
participate in this group, because I hate to see the group broken up
by a malicious asshole. It's almost like telling him he's won.

--
Barbara Vaughan

I joined the Yahoo group, but I tend to agree with you Barbara. If we give
in, the idiot has won.... I far prefer Usenet to web based groups. And
yes, I refuse to read digests. I don't like to have that stuff in my inbox.
;) So, hang in there..... there will be some who stay, and some who
don't.

Shelagh

Old May 19th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"B Vaughan" wrote in message
I hope those of you who join the yahoo group will continue to
participate in this group, because I hate to see the group broken up
by a malicious asshole. It's almost like telling him he's won.

--
Barbara Vaughan

I joined the Yahoo group, but I tend to agree with you Barbara. If we

give
in, the idiot has won.... I far prefer Usenet to web based groups. And
yes, I refuse to read digests. I don't like to have that stuff in my

inbox.
;) So, hang in there..... there will be some who stay, and some who
don't.

Shelagh

Me too! I've joined the Yahoo group but much prefer the newsgroup format.
So I'm not leaving rcty and am happy to see others are staying.

--
Jan in MN

Old May 19th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi everyone,

I also joined the yahoo group, because there are some who are too
nervous to post here now. I'd hate to lose touch with them, but I'd
also hate to alienate those who did not chose join. I really consider
you my friends and don't want to lose you.

Hesira