Composition of Silver Clay

Old May 10th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default Composition of Silver Clay

Hi is there anyone out there who knowns what the non toxic binder that
is used in Silver Clay.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Nicholson

Old May 13th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

I don't think that's what he was asking for. I assume he wanted to know about
the composition of PMC products. (Precious Metal Clay).

In that case he should ask the company. ;-) They wouldn´t talk about their
company secrets. :-(

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal

Of course, here in the US a manufacturer is legally required to supply
a USDS sheet listing all the components of any manufactured product.

Charlie

Old May 13th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Charlie Leo schrieb:
I don't think that's what he was asking for. I assume he wanted to know about
the composition of PMC products. (Precious Metal Clay).

In that case he should ask the company. ;-) They wouldn´t talk abouttheir
company secrets. :-(

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal

Of course, here in the US a manufacturer is legally required to supply
a USDS sheet listing all the components of any manufactured product.

Charlie

So I´m curious to read more. Do You have such a listing?

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal
--
Schmuck gut verkaufen und günstig kaufen http://www.schmuck-boerse.com
Geschichten berühmter Juwelen http://www.royal-magazin.de
Old May 13th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

"Charlie Leo" wrote in message

I don't think that's what he was asking for. I assume he wanted to know
about
the composition of PMC products. (Precious Metal Clay).

In that case he should ask the company. ;-) They wouldn´t talk about their
company secrets. :-(

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal

Of course, here in the US a manufacturer is legally required to supply
a USDS sheet listing all the components of any manufactured product.

Charlie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
That would be MSDS. It will list all ingredients but not their exact
proportions.

--

Don Thompson

There is nothing more frightening than active ignorance.
~Goethe

It is a worthy thing to fight for one's freedom;
it is another sight finer to fight for another man's.
~Mark Twain

Old May 14th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Of course, here in the US a manufacturer is legally required to supply
a USDS sheet listing all the components of any manufactured product.

Charlie

Excuse me - MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheet. US manufacturers are
supposed to provide, on demand, the ingredients of any product. They
do try to hide ingredients behind a lot of gobbledegook, but they can
legally be forced to provide the information. When I was in the
printing business, I had to have a book of these sheets for inks
(different one for each color & brand), blanket wash, fountain
solutions,etc. My 'book' had about 100 pages in it and wasn't
complete.

As a matter of fact, I think that most MSDS information is available
on line if you know where to look.

Charlie

Old May 14th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Charlie Leo schrieb:
Of course, here in the US a manufacturer is legally required to supply
a USDS sheet listing all the components of any manufactured product.

Charlie

Excuse me - MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheet. US manufacturers are
supposed to provide, on demand, the ingredients of any product. They
do try to hide ingredients behind a lot of gobbledegook, but they can
legally be forced to provide the information. When I was in the
printing business, I had to have a book of these sheets for inks
(different one for each color & brand), blanket wash, fountain
solutions,etc. My 'book' had about 100 pages in it and wasn't
complete.

As a matter of fact, I think that most MSDS information is available
on line if you know where to look.

The question of the OP isn´t answered with that. ;-(

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal
Old May 15th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Sun, 14 May 2006 06:45:04 GMT, Heinrich Butschal
wrote:

The question of the OP isn´t answered with that. ;-(

Well, indirectly yes it is. He needs to go to a PMC supplier and ask
for a MSDS sheet. That will tell him the official ingredients.

Charlie