fabric sale Hamilton ON

Old September 13th 03, 04:50 PM
Smiley

Default fabric sale Hamilton ON

Good day

Great bargins and sales

Hamilton ONT street sale
see the site

http://www.shopottawastreet.com/index.htm

Ottawa Streetfest 2003
Comming September 20th
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
For more info:
(905) 544-5822
or

remember if you come from the US you can rescieve your tax payment back

Old September 14th 03, 04:00 AM
Emily

I never purchase from 'spammers' which I call people who advertise on the
discussion groups, where ads are not welcome.
Emily

Old September 14th 03, 04:06 AM
roberta

In article , IMS
wrote:

Hi, this is a discussion group and not designed for sales or
advertisements. Your post would be better placed on
rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace or the market place newsgroup for your
own area of the country.

Oh please! You have no freaking idea how happy I was to see someone
post this and I've made arrangements with my sewing friends to have a
shopping day. None of us knew about this happening and we're going to
get up at 6am to get there, uh huh, driving several hours. Ottawa
street with all the different stores is THE place for sewists in SW
Ontario. This is a public service announcement not an advertisement.
Sheesh!

Roberta
Old September 14th 03, 04:15 AM
roberta

In article
, Emily
wrote:

I never purchase from 'spammers' which I call people who advertise on the
discussion groups, where ads are not welcome.
Emily

It wasn't an ad, honeybuns.
Old September 14th 03, 05:10 AM

roberta wrote:
This is a public service announcement not an advertisement.

A public service announcement is something that someone does without
being able to get anything in return for it apart from feeling that they
have benefited the public at large. You know, like fastening your seat
belts before driving, spending time with your children, saying no to
drugs, etc.?

If it's an annoncement with the end result of someone profiting from it,
it's an advertisement. Period.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old September 14th 03, 06:02 PM
Emily

I had asked my DSIL, who will be in your city on the 20th-25th, to look
around for bargains and gave him a list of things I'd like. BUT after your
ads(double because you repeated it in your reply) on this group, I told him
not to purchase anything at all. Neither will he make any purchases for
DD's crafts.
Emily

Old September 14th 03, 08:05 PM
Smiley

This was not an add I do not do crafts but I shop for my wife and like
to hear where I can get deals for her.
I make nothing from these people or any one else it is and was not an
advertizment.

Just an invite to travel and see my city our sights sounds and shop
Thank you for your support

HAPPY CRAFTing

Old September 15th 03, 04:47 AM
joy beeson

I'm beginning to suspect that this is a "Joe job" -- someone
spamming in the name of someone he wants to hurt.

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ -- Writers' Exchange

Old September 15th 03, 05:38 PM
SunshineSue

roberta wrote in message news:

Oh please! You have no freaking idea how happy I was to see someone
post this and I've made arrangements with my sewing friends to have a
shopping day. None of us knew about this happening and we're going to
get up at 6am to get there, uh huh, driving several hours. Ottawa
street with all the different stores is THE place for sewists in SW
Ontario. This is a public service announcement not an advertisement.
Sheesh!

Roberta

Well you don't have any 'freaking idea' how much I hate to see ads
posted oh discussion-only groups period...and it goes double for
events happening in areas of the world I can't get to.

A public service announcement is an announcement for the public good
and not a announcement to 'come shop.' The original post specifically
states 'for sale' 'shop' and 'street sale.' Aa notice of a sale is an
ad, not a public service announcement. Good try, though.
Old September 15th 03, 05:45 PM
SunshineSue

sales," "street sales," etc. A listing inviting people to a sale is
an ad. It's for the purpose of getting them to come out and shop.
That's what a sale is. Someone's going to profit even if it's not you
directly.

If you want to promote your city please do so in the appropriate
newsgroup (I believe another poster already mentioned some) and leave
this one for sewing discussions.

Thank you.