Dimensions conversion - they're sending me something....

Old April 9th 04, 01:38 PM
Caryn

Default Dimensions conversion - they're sending me something....

I receieved an email reply from Dimensions, after I requested a
conversion chart for them. One of my next projects is one of their
kits and I really dislike their floss and fabric. I figured what the
heck, I'll ask.....

The email said that they have received my request, and I will get
something in the mail in 7 - 10 days. Not sure what's coming,
but.....

To show how twisted my mind is....

first thing I thought of was a letter demanding you "cease and desist" your
attempts to substitute anything in their kits!

I'm sure that isn't the case, but that's what popped into my head! g

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old April 9th 04, 03:07 PM
Jeri

"Deb" wrote in message

I receieved an email reply from Dimensions, after I requested a
conversion chart for them. One of my next projects is one of their
kits and I really dislike their floss and fabric. I figured what the
heck, I'll ask.....

The email said that they have received my request, and I will get
something in the mail in 7 - 10 days. Not sure what's coming,
but.....

They send a Dimensions (JP Coats)/DMC/Anchor floss conversion chart on
request. I sent for one a couple of years ago when I was doing one of their
kits. I don't like their floss either.
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old April 9th 04, 08:18 PM
Jenn Liace

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 02:32:20 GMT, Deb wrote:

I receieved an email reply from Dimensions, after I requested a
conversion chart for them. One of my next projects is one of their
kits and I really dislike their floss and fabric. I figured what the
heck, I'll ask.....

The email said that they have received my request, and I will get
something in the mail in 7 - 10 days. Not sure what's coming,
but.....

Will be very interested to see what you get, especially after the
attitude I got from their email customer service department when I
asked about the conversion chart that had been on their website a mere
month earlier.

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Old April 9th 04, 09:28 PM
Lucille

Dimensions sent me a site to go to when I asked for a conversion chart some
months back. I printed it and put it away somewhere for safe keeping. Now
if I could only remember where!! If you don't get an acceptable conversion
chart from them please let me know and I will find my print sheet and send
you a copy.
Lucille

Old April 11th 04, 03:48 PM

I have it printed out too, somewhere, can't remember where...I think it
might be on the DMC site too. Only problem is, is that not all the
dimension colors are converted...so if you get a complete conversion list
please let me know and I'll go a govelling for one too... I hardly ever use,
unless absolutely, use their threads. Most of the time there are one or two
colors that run out...

Marc

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265

Old April 11th 04, 04:04 PM
Anita

Over the years, I've kept records of the Dimensions and Bucilla code numbers
from their kits. My husband put this information into searchable charts and
a conversion tool that you can access under the Stitching Tools on my site
below. If a code doesn't come up for you, let me know and I'll try to find
it for you.

Sincerely,
Anita

--
CyberStitchers.com Cross Stitch Galleries http://www.cyberstitchers.com

Old April 12th 04, 03:19 AM
Jenn Liace

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:48:24 -0400, wrote:

Most of the time there are one or two
colors that run out...

This is one of my biggest beefs with Dimensions and why I started to
dump the kit supplies and rekit with my own.

The first project where I had issue with insufficent threads was my
own fault, as I'd stitched full crosses for background greenery
instead of halfs (however, they were fulls on the color picture!) It
took Dimensions months to get me what I needed, causing me to miss a
gift event. I'd tried to match to DMC but what I thought was correct
by laying skeins against my finished sections was blatantly wrong when
in actual use.

The second time I had problems was possibly caused by having 5 shades
of brown so similar to their neighbors that I couldn't tell them
apart, even under direct sunlight. I never got replacements for that
project from Dimensions, and it was during this project that I found
the conversion on Liloote's site. (which didn't have every color but
did have most of the ones I needed, including all the browns, I was
able to eyeball the others)

Then there were the projects where I had enough (barely at times)
floss to complete the project, but the fabric included with the kit
left an inch or less on each side.... about this time I discovered
evenweave and now very rarely stitch on Aida.

The third floss shortage was the final straw for me. Not a case of
too many similar colors, not my misreading instructions, just flat out
short-shrifted on two colors. I didn't even bother to contact them for
this one and basically vowed that Dimensions would never get any more
of my business again.

Late last year, my sister was on Dimensions' website and discovered
that they had a conversion list on their site to both Anchor and DMC.
Thankfully, she had the foresight to copy it out and convert it to
Excel..... as a month or so later when I tried to share the address
with an online friend, we discovered that Dimensions removed the chart
from the website completely.

I emailed to Dimensions to ask where the chart was now located, and
received a reply (which came across as somewhat snippy to me) that
they'd removed the conversion chart because the chart made it too easy
for stitchers to re-work charts they'd bought in kit form previously
(either themselves or reselling on Ebay, etc.) than to purchase a new
kit from them.

Jenn L.
Old April 12th 04, 06:00 AM
Suzanne

On 2004-04-11 10:04:52 -0500, "Anita" said:

Over the years, I've kept records of the Dimensions and Bucilla code numbers
from their kits. My husband put this information into searchable charts and
a conversion tool that you can access under the Stitching Tools on my site
below. If a code doesn't come up for you, let me know and I'll try to find
it for you.

Sincerely,
Anita

Anita, I'm having a problem with your conversion charts. For some
reason, they're not showing up at all when I try to view them. I have
a Mac G4 with OS 10.2 and using Internet Explorer 5.2. Everything else
on your site shows up just fine but them. When I click on the link,
say from Bucilla to DMC, all I get is a label that says "Bucilla to
DMC" with nothing showing below it. I'm not even sure what you're
showing-- color numbers, color names, color swatches--nothing shows up
below the label. It's that way with all of your conversion charts.
And it's just the chart, because everything else on the screen shows
up, like the navigation buttons on the left. The first time you
mentioned your charts on here I went to take a look, and that was what
it did then. At the time, I just thought it was my computer being
whonky (like it's been doing) but it's still not showing up. Now I
don't know what to think. Is anyone else having this problem?
--
Suze

Cat hair? That's just an embellishment.

Old April 12th 04, 06:29 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Jenn Liace had some very interesting
things to say about Dimensions conversion - they're sending me
something....:

Late last year, my sister was on Dimensions' website and discovered
that they had a conversion list on their site to both Anchor and DMC.
Thankfully, she had the foresight to copy it out and convert it to
Excel..... as a month or so later when I tried to share the address
with an online friend, we discovered that Dimensions removed the chart
from the website completely.

Is that the chart you offered recently?

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL
Old April 12th 04, 11:40 AM
Jan Lennie

You'll find a conversion chart here
http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Stitch...rsionChart.asp
Jan

conversion charts Mitch Needlework 5 April 3rd 04 09:03 PM
conversion charts Mitch Needlework 1 April 2nd 04 05:06 AM
Huge Stash Sale: XS, Crewel, Needlept, ETC! Rhayne Marketplace 0 March 1st 04 05:59 AM
REQUEST: Conversion Chart (or file) DeliciousTruffles Needlework 11 January 21st 04 11:32 PM
Desperate for Dimensions to DMC conversion Chart ALL Colors Geocat Needlework 9 December 25th 03 02:59 PM