please help with supply

Old January 28th 04, 05:21 AM
Ron Smith

With your attitude, why would anyone want to help you?

"Ned" wrote in message
Well call me old fashioned but a phone won't help when you want to at
least SEE a picture of what you want to buy. We don't buy things by
verbal description alone.

Also, we were hoping to be able to have a selction of items from which
to choose. Finally, I emailed both places to ask just a couple of
basic questions and after a few days NO response. Not sure I want to
deal with a business like that. Would you?

NNEd

Peter W. Rowe pwrowe@ixDOTnetcomDOTcom wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:54:25 GMT, in rec.crafts.jewelry
(Ned) wrote:

I still haven't had much luck. I really need some cufflink and even
stud backings and am reaching dead ends, especially since we wanted to
purchase them by this week. Arghhh!!!!!

Nned

Ned.

As Abrasha already told you, these are easily available. He gave you
two good sources. You get their phone numbers from the web sites, and
then use the old fashioned phone to order.

I should leave it at that, 'cause I'm sure you do remember how to use a
phone, and understand that there are still many things, especially truly
wholesale suppliers, that are not, and have no interest to be, on the
web.

But I'm feeling generous, so I'll go into hand holding mode here :-)

Rio Grande's phone. 800 545-6566

Cuff links:

In sterling silver: prices for packages of 10 pcs.

standard "one piece" hard solder back
690-289 - $30.45

hinged style:
cuff link and rivet
630-090 $20.66
joint for above:
630-100 $3.78

One piece style, similar to the first, but with a soft solder pad added

630-053 $30.66

Sterling silver tuxedo Shirt Stud backs:

630-085 $24.32

Base metal Tuxedo-stud backs (packages of 12)

yellow 638-417 $12.47
white 638-418 $12.59

Base metal cuff link backs (a round, flat glue-on or soft solder type
pad, 15mm in diameter) packages of 12 pcs)

yellow 638-099 $3.61
white 638-100 $3.50

They've also got these things, as well as several other styles, in gold,
if you want the better quality. The folks on the phone will be happy to
assist you in finding what you need.

if you don't like these guys, then call Frie and Borel, who've got them
as well. Plus, usually, a few other styles perhaps, though I didn't
check.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Old January 28th 04, 05:21 AM
Abrasha

Ned wrote:

Well call me old fashioned but a phone won't help when you want to at
least SEE a picture of what you want to buy. We don't buy things by
verbal description alone.

Also, we were hoping to be able to have a selction of items from which
to choose. Finally, I emailed both places to ask just a couple of
basic questions and after a few days NO response. Not sure I want to
deal with a business like that. Would you?

Actually, I am not sure I would want to deal with a person like you. I
gave you
those two sources on the 21 st of this month. You could have had a
couple of
catalogues with pictures in your hands three or four days ago. And the
cufflink
backs two days ago.

For a man in a hurry you seem pretty lazy and picky. Your choice.

As far as wanting to do business with a company like Otto Frei, I have
done
business with them since 1977. I'm perfectly happy with them.

I gave you the sources and you have the gall to complain that you can't
find
sources. Sounds like your belt doesn't go through all the loops.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old January 29th 04, 03:39 PM
Ned

I guess no one reads an entire message either. I emailed (quickly
after getting your info.) these companies with a couple of questions
like shipping times, stock onfo on web or not etc... and no one, to
date, has replied. And I have spam blockers turned off at the email
ised (not the one I use to post) because of past problems with them.

Why would I want to deal with companies that can't be bothered, or
pills like those that just got all snotty.

Thanks for killing the internet guys.

NNEd
Old January 29th 04, 03:55 PM
Peter W. Rowe

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 07:39:47 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry
(Ned) wrote:

I guess no one reads an entire message either. I emailed (quickly
after getting your info.) these companies with a couple of questions
like shipping times, stock onfo on web or not etc... and no one, to
date, has replied. And I have spam blockers turned off at the email
ised (not the one I use to post) because of past problems with them.

Why would I want to deal with companies that can't be bothered,

simple. they may not have exactly the service arrangements you desire (good
internet awareness and someone properly handling email, for example), but the
bottom line is they have what you need. For all you know, the problem might be
something like having just one person assigned to that task, who might be on
vacation or overworked at the moment. Frei and Borel comes to mind there. In
Rio's case, they've be plagued by computer problems for some while now, and it's
a surprise to nobody that both the development of their web site is totally
stalled, and email is spotty at best. yet I assure you that both companies DO
indeed work hard for their customers. Just not via email. Using email is a bit
like just calling the wrong extension at a company and reaching the janitors
department when you wanted marketing. Doesn't work. Obviously, this is an
error on their part. But it doesn't equate to not being bothered. It's just a
facet of their business they've not solved yet. You can treat giving them your
business as some reward to them for running their business the way you think
they should, in which case, stay away. Or, you can simply do what's needed to
get the materials you need. It would seem to me that your priority should be to
find the needed source for your materials, not to worry about punishing or
rewarding the companies with your approval or lack thereof. Heck, I know some
companies who sell things I need that don't even do phone sales. In person
only. Or orders accepted only on company letterhead. If you want what they
have, you have to shop via a method that solves your need and gets you the
stuff. But suit yourself.

... or
pills like those that just got all snotty.

Thanks for killing the internet guys.

NNEd

I don't think that's quite fair. If we seemed "snotty" to you, well, sorry
about that. From my viewpoint, at least, I'm just amazed that your making this
self rightious issue out of it, instead of just doing what you need to do to get
the stuff you need. if my amazement at your attitude comes across as snotty,
then I apologize. Certainly, the ability to communicate opinions and attitudes
doesn't constitute the death of the internet. If anything, it's the LIFE of the
beast. This newsgroup does have limits. If people get nasty and sink to the
level of just plain personal attacks, then I have to reject the posts.
Criticism doesn't equate with personal attacks. So far, though folks have
criticized your attitude, nobody has actually attacked you. If you feel
otherwise, let me know, please, and I'll be happy to further discuss it. I've
o wish to chase anyone away, just perhaps to try and convince you that I see the
issue differently than you do

Peter
Old January 30th 04, 04:49 AM
Abrasha

Ned wrote:

I guess no one reads an entire message either. I emailed (quickly
after getting your info.) these companies with a couple of questions
like shipping times, stock onfo on web or not etc... and no one, to
date, has replied. And I have spam blockers turned off at the email
ised (not the one I use to post) because of past problems with them.

Why would I want to deal with companies that can't be bothered, or
pills like those that just got all snotty.

Thanks for killing the internet guys.

NNEd

Well, what do you want? Cufflink backs or being right?

It seems you have more riding on being right.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

craft supply store advice requested Carol Wang Beads 4 November 24th 04 06:16 AM
Possible supply source Retiredff Doll Houses 8 March 18th 04 06:54 PM
ModelExpo apologies (wasPossible supply source) Retiredff Doll Houses 1 March 18th 04 12:22 PM
Rouge supply in NY? Ben Snyder Jewelry 2 September 19th 03 03:27 AM
Santa Fe Jeweler's supply? KDK Beads 2 August 24th 03 09:49 PM