Proud to be a RCTY/Yarners Member

Old July 22nd 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Joan in Connecticut

Default Proud to be a RCTY/Yarners Member

I have been very impressed over the last few days at how lovingly our
groups have dealt with the death of Gwen Kelly.

There are about 60+ members of the groups and not many of us have even
met or spoken to each other. Every part of the World is represented,
we speak many different languages, we lead separate lives and our ages
span several generations.

Not everyone signs in daily, but some do while others have commitments
to jobs, family etc. Yet, within hours of the sad news from Gwen's
daughter Shauna in Australia a memorial photo of Gwen was on the
Yarners Home Page and plans were being made for condolences and
afghans for her family.

Pat yourselves on the back - you have shown great grace and humanity -
but most of all you have shown that thoughtful and caring people do
inhabit this very small 'virtual' world.
Joan

Old July 23rd 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Thanks Joan. Gwen was such a wonderful person with a great sense of
humor. We will all miss her. It's good to be able to do these things
for her family to show the esteem we held for Gwen.
Marie and the cats

On Jul 22, 6:05 am, Joan in Connecticut wrote:
[...]

Proud to be an RCTY/Yarners member Annie Savoy Yarn 1 July 23rd 07 06:30 PM
yarners in Rockford, DeKalb, Illinois area Spike Driver Yarn 6 December 27th 06 02:28 PM
Something I am proud of Flic Beads 10 January 21st 06 08:50 AM
So Proud! Anne Quilting 27 February 15th 05 01:06 PM
I'm so proud! Provided44 Yarn 3 January 3rd 04 04:24 PM