diamonelle

Old April 14th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Scott[_2_]

Default diamonelle

Hi everyone

I have a question about diamonelle engagement rings. I'm just looking for
opinions on them basically... From everything i've read online they seem
pretty sweet. They have some on www.theshoppingchannel.com that i was
considering.. So if anyone here has any experience with them or knows
anything about them i'd love to see you post.

Old April 14th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:36:14 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Scott"
wrote:

Hi everyone

I have a question about diamonelle engagement rings. I'm just looking for
opinions on them basically... From everything i've read online they seem
pretty sweet. They have some on www.theshoppingchannel.com that i was
considering.. So if anyone here has any experience with them or knows
anything about them i'd love to see you post.

Are you sure you want to use a fake engagement ring to start off and symbolize
what's supposed to be a meaningful, deep, and perhaps lifelong relationship?

If you didn't catch it, "diamonelle" is just shopping channel's own trademark
for whatever simulated fake diamond they wish to sell. Most likely, it's
usually cubic zirconia, but by labeling it with that name, they can sell
anything, even plain glass, if they want. Don't believe all that garbage of it
looking as good as a diamond so only an expert can tell the diff. The same can
be said for plain glass, since most folks have no clue what to look for. If I
had you, a diamonelle, and a real diamond, all together at the same time, I
could point out the obvious eye visible differences in about five seconds. That
would not, by the way, make you an expert. But you'd see the difference. The
simulants ARE decent looking, so long as you know what you're getting. It's a
common, man made simulant. It's properties are quite different from diamond in
all the really important ways (like durability, for one), but that doesn't mean
it's actually ugly or anything. Quite the opposite. They can be very nice
looking. Just please: Don't call them the equal of diamonds. They're not.
Now, if you want to use that stuff in an inexpensive pair of flashy earrings as
a gift, where the recipient will know they're not real but appreciate their
decorative ability, go right ahead. Great use, especially with the ease with
which earrings can be lost.

But an engagement ring? I think that's an item needing a bit more serious
thought. If you don't want to spend money on a diamond, which I can easily
accept and understand, there are many options, including using one of the many
beautiful colored stones. A nice sapphire, for example, can be relatively
inexpensive, as compared to a diamond, yet offer a natural stone, a durable one,
and a pretty color without pretending to be anything it is not.

As for home shopping channel, Dude, you can do a lot better. They're not in
business selling such great bargains. They're not ripping you off pricewise,
from what I've seen, but their prices are pretty ordinary, and typical retail
prices, (again, despite what their eager sales people may say on air) And they
tend to operate by selling pretty cheap quality goods, usually mass market made
in China. That cheap quality and source is what makes their prices look cheap
by comparison with better quality merchandise.

Peter
Old April 14th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
mbstevens

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 03:48:15 +0000, Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

Are you sure you want to use a fake engagement ring to start off and symbolize
what's supposed to be a meaningful, deep, and perhaps lifelong relationship?

Maybe the op and his/her squeeze have a non-traditional
relationship.

I occasionally use diamonds, but don't really see a lot of
point in them compared to, say, a beach pebble with good color, or a nice
shiny plastic flash drive to wear around your neck.

Old April 15th 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Scott wrote:
Hi everyone

I have a question about diamonelle engagement rings. I'm just looking for
opinions on them basically... From everything i've read online they seem
pretty sweet.

Sweet? They're fakes. Diamond imitations.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old April 15th 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

mbstevens wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 03:48:15 +0000, Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

Are you sure you want to use a fake engagement ring to start off and symbolize
what's supposed to be a meaningful, deep, and perhaps lifelong relationship?

Maybe the op and his/her squeeze have a non-traditional
relationship.

I occasionally use diamonds, but don't really see a lot of
point in them

I did not expect that you would. Not your style. The beauty of
diamonds is obviously lost on you.

Old April 16th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
mbstevens

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:37:33 +0000, Abrasha wrote:

I occasionally use diamonds, but don't really see a lot of
point in them

I did not expect that you would. Not your style. The beauty of
diamonds is obviously lost on you.

I do find them beautiful, but the "beauty" of them is easy to confuse
with the drive to own the precious, precise, permanent, rare, or
conventional. If you bracket away those things, then you are free to
appreciate the beauty of rusted steel just as much.

Old April 16th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:37:33 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

mbstevens wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 03:48:15 +0000, Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

Are you sure you want to use a fake engagement ring to start off and symbolize
what's supposed to be a meaningful, deep, and perhaps lifelong relationship?

Maybe the op and his/her squeeze have a non-traditional
relationship.

I occasionally use diamonds, but don't really see a lot of
point in them

I did not expect that you would. Not your style. The beauty of
diamonds is obviously lost on you.

The beauty of diamonds is lost on me. I much prefer rubies.
--
Fabulous jewelry and art at auction right now at eBay:
[[ebay link removed by moderator. If really interested, search there for seller

Marilee J. Layman http://mjlayman.livejournal.com
Old April 26th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
WillE1

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I have a question about diamonelle engagement rings. I'm just looking for
opinions on them basically... From everything i've read online they seem
pretty sweet. They have some on www.theshoppingchannel.com that i was
considering.. So if anyone here has any experience with them or knows
anything about them i'd love to see you post.

Ask your fiancé what she thinks about a fake diamond . Peter does have a
good suggestion of looking at alternative colored stones. Will E.