In need of a plus size dress form

Old September 6th 03, 04:54 AM
Jalynne

Default In need of a plus size dress form

Do any of you have suggestions on where I might find a good but inexpensive plus size
dress form? I want to make some mix and match formal gowns, but can't exactly do the
fittings on my own body. Thanks in advance for any help you can give

--
Jalynne

Old September 6th 03, 05:05 AM
cathy

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 03:54:15 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

Do any of you have suggestions on where I might find a good but inexpensive plus size
dress form? I want to make some mix and match formal gowns, but can't exactly do the
fittings on my own body. Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Try making a duct tape double. It's the most perfect dress form you
can find, and is cheaper than most of the dress forms I've ever seen.

Search Google for "duct tape double" and you should find a lot of
hits.

Cathy
Old September 6th 03, 05:45 AM
Jalynne

I've seen those, thought they were interesting. Would it be easy to adjust their
size? I"m losing weight fairly quickly, and need something adjustable for accurate
fittings. I'd hate to be making a new one every other month.
--
Jalynne

Old September 9th 03, 06:29 PM
Kathy Morgan

Jalynne wrote:

I've seen those, thought they were interesting. Would it be easy to
adjust their size? I"m losing weight fairly quickly, and need something
adjustable for accurate fittings. I'd hate to be making a new one every
other month.

No, I don't think you could adjust the size at all. If your weight
changes regularly, you're probably better off buying a commercial dress
form.

--
Kathy
Old September 13th 03, 11:35 PM
Kathy

I think you can adjust the size. For exanple, around the waist, make
several vertical slashes, then retape tighter till it matches your
measurements.

OT Dress Joke Pat in Virginia Quilting 6 July 14th 04 04:02 AM
help with antique dress form Filigree00 Sewing 0 August 29th 03 10:00 AM