Short arm quilting

Old November 16th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Deon Lewis

Default Short arm quilting

I am thinking about purchasing either a Viking MegaQuilter or a Janome 1600P
with frame to do machine quilting. Has any one had any experiences with
these machine or any preferences?

Deon

Old November 16th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Nov 16, 1:57 pm, "Deon Lewis" wrote:
I am thinking about purchasing either a Viking MegaQuilter or a Janome 1600P
with frame to do machine quilting. Has any one had any experiences with
these machine or any preferences?

Deon

I have a Janome 1600p and I love it for assembling the quilt, once the
top is pieced. It is a very trouble free machine, in my experience,
and it has a beautiful stitch quality.

John
Old December 1st 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mika

Don't know that this will be of any help since it's rather late. But I have
the Viking Mega Quilter. I love it except for one thing. The throat area it
just way too small. When I get down the the last third or so of a quilt, I
can only quilt one row before I have to roll the quilt. I have the Cruise
Control and love that. I really have no complaints about how the MQ
functions. It's smooth and easy to maneuver. Because the small quilting area
though, I'm considering trading up to a HandiQuilter 16.

Hugs,
Mika

Old December 1st 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

"Deon Lewis" wrote in message

I am thinking about purchasing either a Viking MegaQuilter or a Janome
1600P
with frame to do machine quilting. Has any one had any experiences with
these machine or any preferences?

Deon- Hide quoted text -

Deon--We've finished three quilts so far on the Handiquilter. I think
it's just awesome, even
beginners like we were, the quilts looked very nice. The stitch
regulator is great. I have
learned so much about machine quilting, but still have a long way to
do. But it has been
thoroughly a joy to learn that machine.
p.s.--but I keep looking at my Roxanne thimble I was so proud of and
going .......sniff. I
am going to have to take a break and hand-quilt something. I miss it!!

Sherry

long arm quilting for short arms? lisa skeen Quilting 9 February 10th 06 04:17 AM
Quilting for short arm Christina in Ok Quilting 1 February 9th 06 04:03 PM
here is the short url. Stella Fenley Yarn 2 January 13th 06 07:55 PM
OT - Short day again.... MRH Yarn 1 October 20th 05 03:36 AM
Over and Out (for a short while) Karen Sherwood Beads 4 April 13th 05 06:15 AM