Perfect fit waist mechanism--where has it disappeared to?

Old January 7th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Missouri Mule

Default Perfect fit waist mechanism--where has it disappeared to?

I fell in love with TravelSmith's perfect fit pants which have clever
side adjustment mechanisms which combined, give you up to about 6
inches of extra space which is GREAT for weight gain or for
over-indulging at dinner. Now TravelSmith has eliminated these
wonderful pants and I've gone crazy on Google trying to find them
elsewhere.

The mechanism has a small aluminum (I think) flip-out release catch on
the outside, attached to a sliding plastic-toothed runner over the
pocket which allows you to increase the waist line to your exact
comfort level. The pocket has a gap at the top which allows for the
extra room without having the bunching of cloth plaguing the button
adjustment type of closure.

Does anyone know where either the pants or the mechanism can be found?

Thanks a bunch!

Old January 7th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Bruce

Missouri Mule wrote:
I fell in love with TravelSmith's perfect fit pants which have clever
side adjustment mechanisms which combined, give you up to about 6
inches of extra space which is GREAT for weight gain or for
over-indulging at dinner. Now TravelSmith has eliminated these
wonderful pants and I've gone crazy on Google trying to find them
elsewhere.

The mechanism has a small aluminum (I think) flip-out release catch on
the outside, attached to a sliding plastic-toothed runner over the
pocket which allows you to increase the waist line to your exact
comfort level. The pocket has a gap at the top which allows for the
extra room without having the bunching of cloth plaguing the button
adjustment type of closure.

Does anyone know where either the pants or the mechanism can be found?

Thanks a bunch!

Google for "TravelSmith's perfect fit pants" and you will get 211 hits.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old January 7th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Bruce

Default Perfect fit waist mechanism--where has it disappeared to? (more!)

Bruce wrote:
Google for "TravelSmith's perfect fit pants" and you will get 211 hits.

I did a bit more digging and found that TravelSmith's own website is at
http://www.travelsmith.com/
Contact them via email at
Old January 7th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Missouri Mule

Thanks, Bruce, but I did contact them both by phone and by email and
this was the response:

Dear Ms. Stevenson,

Thank you for your interest in our product.

I am sorry that your favorite item is being discontinued; I guess the
big brass decided that this garment had run its course. That is not to
say that there is not a chance it will be brought back, as many of our
classic items are. And maybe they will even be in better colors next
time!

As for the mechanism, all of my searching has come up only with "side
tabs" as a name. They are listed as "adjustable side tabs for fit".
=======

I did do a search for the adjustable side tabs and lots of combinations
both looking for pants with it, or the mechanism by itself, but no one
seems to have either. VERY frustrating. They're just the best pants
I've ever had.

ss

Old January 8th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Judith Umbria

Missouri Mule wrote:

As for the mechanism, all of my searching has come up only with "side
tabs" as a name. They are listed as "adjustable side tabs for fit".
=======

I did do a search for the adjustable side tabs and lots of combinations
both looking for pants with it, or the mechanism by itself, but no one
seems to have either. VERY frustrating. They're just the best pants
I've ever had.

I am thinking of a way to get the effect without the special hardware.
It will require drawing and scanning, which can't be posted here.
Would you go to my blog site if I draw it and post it there? It would
be way off my usual subjects, but comes from my background, so regulars
will probably scratch heads and forgive me.

Old January 14th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Catherine

The mechanism that you are descibing sounds like the adjusters that are on
netball (non contact ball game) skirts here in Australia.

I'm not sure where you could get the hardware but perhaps a local fabric
shop or sportswear manufacturer might point you in the right direction.

Catherine from Melbourne, Australia

"Judith Umbria" wrote in message
ups.com...