Bead guilty pleasures

Old August 17th 04, 07:55 AM
Beadseeker

Default Bead guilty pleasures

I admit it. I love "purple turquoise", sleeping beauty turquoise which has
been dyed purple, and comes out chewing gum purple color with turquoise spots.
It's tremendously expensive by the strand, but I found two pendants at a bead
show this weekend and bought both of them and am thrilled! The dealer had
broken up the strand and sold them by the piece since the strand was too
expensive to sell that way. Since he only had two beads left, other people
besides me must like this stuff. All my beady friends are horrified, lol.
I was wondering what if anyone else has any beady guilty pleasures they would
like to share?
Patti
Old August 17th 04, 06:04 PM
Beadbimbo

I've never heard of this purple turquoise. Do you have a picture?

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old August 17th 04, 06:38 PM
Tinkster

Ok. Here's my guilty bead pleasu I absolutely LOVE garnet and
amethyst glass rondelles. Better than the real thing.

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old August 17th 04, 09:47 PM
Jalynne

I like citrine. Can't get enough of it. I don't care what shape, or whether it is
colored glass or the real thing...gotsta have it.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old August 18th 04, 02:53 AM
BeckiBead

Patti -- I like the occasional piece of plastic, especially if it is flowers.
Can't use it because it is "just not done." But like it anyway. LOL.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old August 18th 04, 06:06 AM
Kaytee

In article news.com, Kathy
N-V writes:

And yes, I use plastic once in a while, mostly in conjunction with
glass or stone beads to reduce weight.

Also, there are some absolutely fun beads & charms that come only in
plastic.... "Tropical Fruits" or "Jungle Animals" HK charms, for example, and
glow in the dark beads (the only glass ones I've seen are Tink specials...).
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old August 18th 04, 12:46 PM
Kandice Seeber

Fluorite and tourmaline beads - I love the colors so much, but I don't make
jewelry much anymore, so I don't buy much. But I adore the blending purple,
pink and green colors. Mmmmmmm. I also love anything Swarovski and would
someday love to own some in every color just to look at.
And sterling silver charms that are handmade in lots of nature or fantasy
themes just kill me. I can drool all day. And of course certain lampwork
artists make me want to cry at the beauty they create.

I am just guilty all over. LOL

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 18th 04, 12:47 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, I really love some of those lucite flowers!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I was wondering what if anyone else has any beady guilty pleasures they

would
like to share?

Shhh....I have a couple of lucite flower pendants that I love!

--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

Old August 18th 04, 10:02 PM
Pamela Welborn

I was wondering what if anyone else has any beady guilty pleasures they would
like to share?
Patti

I have so many!

I am addicted to Japanese seed beads - especially size 15's.

I hate most plastic beads. I refer to myself as a glass ho.

I love lampwork but seldom use it because then I can't fondle it.

I am not addicted to natural stone - the cost difference between glass and
natural stone is a huge part of the reason for that.

I seldom use Czech seed beads with the exception of charlottes.... *g*

My beads have to be organized. The rest of the house can be chaotic but my
beads need to be organized by color and size/shape.

I firmly believe that she who dies with the most beads wins! and I mean to
win!

Pamy
Pamela Welborn Beading Design Creation and Instruction
Buy My Kits - http://www.buythekit.com
Buy My Patterns - http://www.beadcoop.com