Photographing your beads

Old July 6th 04, 12:30 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Oh, yes, I remember it! Scary!

Kathy posted pics of The Evil One, and my dh so thoughtfully...ahem...borrowed
one and fixed it so the evilness shone thru. I just took it down this
morning,
in fact.

Somewhere there's a portrait of that thing.
Marisa AU/NZ

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 6th 04, 03:54 AM
Craftology

I didn't behave in an unkind manner. I posted how I felt about an issue.

And apparantly it's OK for YOU to do that but not me.

~Anonymous Generous Person Who Doesn't Want Credit for Good Deeds~
Old July 6th 04, 03:56 AM
Craftology

But I no longer cared about Caren, as she was starting to become
less-than-human to me by acting in a way that was just silly and pointless.

P -------- silly and pointless.

~Anonymous Generous Person Who Doesn't Want Credit for Good Deeds~
Old July 6th 04, 10:31 AM
Kyla

Woah, now you are insulting just about everyone in the country. I can
honestly say that I have in my lifetime heard three U.S. Presidents use the
term "kiss my ass" (which is a lot, since I've only been alive for 4
presidents!), and COUNTLESS CEOs (anyone see The Apprentice???), movie stars
(hell, let's not even talk about sports stars!!) use it. That right there
just about covers the extreme UPPER class of western society.

I'll take a "kiss my ass" over an implied "I think you're trashy/tacky" any
day :-\
--
Kyla Nicole
http://tinyurl.com/3dweh -My scrap gallery

"mjoann" wrote in message
Dr. Sooz wrote:
It is such a low class thing to say.

Can you explain "low class"? I don't understand.
~~
Sooz

When telling someone to kiss your ass? Low class as in tacky, trashy,
pertaining to the less cultured peoples with poor etiquette, etc.
That kind of low class.

Old July 6th 04, 10:47 AM
Kyla

ROFL reading this thread...reminds me of my first "HAW!" from Sooz ;o)

We are all different, handle life differently, and we all learn from our own
experiences.
--
Kyla Nicole
http://tinyurl.com/3dweh -My scrap gallery
http://digi-bits.kylanicole.com/home.html -FREE digi-scrap graphics!
http://www.kylanicole.com -Handmade sterling jewelry

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 0:07:22 -0400, Craftology wrote
(in message ):

1. I have lurked here for a while.

Good, glad to hear it. I'm rather surprised that you didn't know
that Sooz has strong opinions and a rather acerbic wit, though.

2. Do you know what MY life story is? Do you know if perhaps I might

have
health issues?

No, because as far as I know, you just started posting here. I don't
know you or anything about you.

3. Despite the fact that pain can cause people to behave in an unkind

manner,
if and when that does happen said person should apologize. Bad

health/pain
is
not an excuse for treating others badly, especially when it happens

often.

In your opinion, you mean? Everyone handles stress differently. I
write stories, and I rarely snap at people, whether I'm in pain or
not. It's just not my way. Besides, not everyone saw the initial
post as a challenge or as anything rude at all. I certainly didn't -
I'm in a similar situation and I knew _exactly_ what Sooz was talking
about. I believe that it was only after several go-rounds that Sooz
posted the statement you found so offensive.

If Sooz and I had disagreed on this or any other issue, and she told
me to kiss her ass, I wouldn't have been offended. I certainly
wouldn't think of wanting her to apologize. (She probably would have
gotten a "bite me" in return, because I think of comments like she
made as earthy but humorous) Most people have differing levels of
sensitivity. You aren't a known quantity, and neither Sooz nor
pretty much anyone else here could have known that you would have
been so upset about a general posting concerning manners. When I
write an opinion, I'm not thinking about upsetting people I don't
even know are reading the group.

4. You automatically excuse certain people but assume others are

malicious?
That doesn't seem very fair.

It doesn't? If a stranger came up to you and arguing about something
you said, you would treat them exactly the same as if an old friend
did the same thing? I sure wouldn't. Most people treat people that
they know a lot differently than strangers, and it's a totally normal
reaction. Why do you think it's unfair? Because you're the
stranger?
Think about it this way: We're both at a party where we know some,
but not all of the people. (We don't know one another) I tell the
people I know about an issue that provokes a strong opinion in me.
I don't know you, but you walk up to me and start arguing your point
of view. I didn't even know you were listening to me, and my first
contact with you is your disagreement with me. Would I think of you
differently than I would of someone I actually knew that disagreed
with me? Sure. Would I consider that the person liked to stir up
trouble? You bet, especially considering the nature of the party we
call Usenet.

Kathy N-V

Old July 6th 04, 08:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

But absolutely truthful. :-)

Brat! :-)

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
3. Despite the fact that pain can cause people to behave in an unkind

manner,
if and when that does happen said person should apologize.

I didn't behave in an unkind manner. I posted how I felt about an issue.

Bad health/pain is
not an excuse for treating others badly, especially when it happens

often.

Wait a minute -- did I use it as an excuse? No. Got you.
~~
Sooz

~~
Sooz
Old July 6th 04, 08:55 PM
Dr. Sooz

I didn't behave in an unkind manner. I posted how I felt about an issue.

And apparantly it's OK for YOU to do that but not me.

You didn't respond to the actual issue. You're happy to give help to the
hundreds? Go start your own thread. That's not what I was talking about.
~~
Sooz
Old July 6th 04, 08:59 PM
Dr. Sooz

*snorts* join _your_ club? as if. kiss my ass.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:-D Join The Guttersnipe Club!!! TGC!! Anyone else want to join?
~~
Sooz

HAW HAW HAW!
Yes, we have Evil Sooz's Bead Cronies. Guess there's a sub-class now -- the
lowest of the low. The Guttersnipes! We shall overcome. (Overcome any hint
of upper-classdom imposed upon us by the presumptuous!)
~~
Sooz
Old July 6th 04, 09:36 PM
JoAnn Paules

I don't normally tell people to kiss my ass (I tend to mutter under my
breath and drop the f-bomb) but I still want to be a Guttersnipe. Are there
other options? Dues? Initiation rites? But please, no hazing.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
*snorts* join _your_ club? as if. kiss my ass.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:-D Join The Guttersnipe Club!!! TGC!! Anyone else want to join?
~~
Sooz

HAW HAW HAW!
Yes, we have Evil Sooz's Bead Cronies. Guess there's a sub-class now --
the
lowest of the low. The Guttersnipes! We shall overcome. (Overcome any
hint
of upper-classdom imposed upon us by the presumptuous!)
~~
Sooz

---

Old July 6th 04, 10:07 PM
Dr. Sooz

I don't normally tell people to kiss my ass (I tend to mutter under my
breath and drop the f-bomb) but I still want to be a Guttersnipe. Are there
other options? Dues? Initiation rites? But please, no hazing.

But, JoAnn...hazing is my reason for being. :-(

Oh, okay -- no hazing. But there will be CAKE. Nothing else required.
~~
Sooz