Photographing your beads

Old July 5th 04, 06:52 AM
Dr. Sooz

Still.....I should have controlled
myself and not gone down to her level.

Caren

Oh my god. HAW HAW HAW HAW
~~
Sooz
Old July 5th 04, 06:53 AM
mjoann

Dr. Sooz wrote:
"kiss my
@ss"). Now *that's* the one I found offensive!

But why? I don't understand this. It was childish and silly, but offensive?
At least mine was an invitation for her to do something to me. Hers was just
stupid.
~~
Sooz

It is such a low class thing to say. And it was completely absurd that
people jumped one the other poster for saying the extremely mild "look
in the mirror," while ignoring the post that was tasteless.

Old July 5th 04, 06:54 AM
Dr. Sooz

Starting to think Caren is just enjoying stirring the pot here.
~~
Sooz
Old July 5th 04, 07:21 AM
Lori Greenberg

Hi Tina.

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
I guess you don't read much of the (overwhelming number of) OT posts.

After
all you come here about beads. Though, if I remember correctly, this

thread
also had originally been marked as OT, too.

You're right. I couldn't possibly keep up with all of the OT threads, but I
do read some. I don't keep up with all of the on topic ones either, for
that matter. I do know that some people do have hard times with things and
I surely do not know the full extent of it. For me, if I haven't met
someone in person, it's hard for me to remember what goes on with whom, so
maybe I did know one day and didn't remember a week later.

Unfortunately it doesn't work to just say to if you feel bad. I know that
Sooz and a few others have a degree of pain that the doctors would

prescribe
morphine for every single day. With that comes Depression, mental,

physical
and emotional exhaustion. And I know that no one wants to hear that every
day. My husband is disabled by pain from work related injuries.

Everyday
he takes prescription pain pills, does therapy, needs at least one nap of

1
or 2 hours, and gets massage every week. And his pain doesn't even

compare
to Sooz's or Kathy NV's.

I wasn't suggesting that people come here to talk about their situations to
make them feel better about it, although if it could help, I *would*
encourage it. I was saying that I would rather hear someone saying their
having a crappy day up front in a post rather than being mean or rude to
someone, and someone else saying it's ok for them to do that because of
their situation. We don't all know that a particular person has good or bad
days. I've been around here enough and I don't know what goes on at that
level for even the most visible members.

Part of my background is in counseling and I am very sensitive when it comes
to clear communication. Sometimes people don't know the effect that their
words can have on others, me included. It is often hard to be clear when
only words are being read on a screen.

I'm pleased that I don't whine enough for you to know I have disabling
Depression and can only get about 6 hours of good function in a day. But
talking about it doesn't work, and only causes you to be defined as a
pathetic soul, all bound up in pain (physical or mental or both). I do
sincerely thank you for offering to let me or others whine about that

stuff.

I don't think it's whining, especially if you have developed friendships
here and find support that is helpful. I also didn't suggest that talking
about it would do anything to help or not. I was responding to the fact
that I interpreted a previous post to say that because someone has pain or
extremely difficult situations in their life that that could be a reason for
they type of responses that were given and therefore ok, even if hurtful to
someone else. While it might be a reason, I said I didn't think it was
ok....I would rather hear them be ****ed off at the real reason in their
life rather than take it out on someone else because they were having a bad
day.

(No sarcasm here anywhere.)

I didn't take anything sarcastically, and I do hope that you can maybe see
what I'm saying, as I'm not trying to inflame anything, just trying to
explain my own point of view.

I do agree that everyone should be held to the same standards of courtesy.

Part of what I don't understand with this thread is how things got so

mean.
And especially why there is so much vitriol against Sooz, who has not said
anything for quite a while.

I think it was one particular post that used cursing that set the meanness
into motion, but I can't even be sure of that anymore. To that someone made
a snide remark and then people started arguing about one form expression of
anger being better or worse than another. That is my recollection anyway.

I hesitate to expand upon why there might be negativity toward any one
person or not. But as someone else posted, maybe it was even you, that Sooz
has an 'acerbic' style. I had to look that up and it said: "Sharp or
biting, as in character or expression: "At times, the playwright allows an
acerbic tone to pierce through otherwise arid or flowery prose"." I think
that pretty much says it. Nothing wrong with that, but just know that that
can evoke a lot of emotions in people...it's not a mystery. I had a sharp
reaction to the first post and responded to that, although I don't think I
was rude about it.

It's a funny thing about an "in" group. I really think the "in" is more a
definition of how often someone posts rather than any people being

"better"
than anyone else. There are exception in that a few of us have met or
emailed others in the group.

I agree. I didn't mean 'in' in the clique sort of way. I meant it as being
a regular to the group. Someone who participates regularly and would most
likely be recognized by user name, but that doesn't necessarily always mean
well liked by everyone, or popular by that definition.. I would consider
myself 'in' because I think people would recognize my name, not because they
liked me or wanted to be my buddy. I would consider 'not in' someone who
maybe lurks but doesn't post and interact enough to recognize them or
someone who has only come here a few times. Perhaps 'regular' is a better
word.

In school I always considered myself one of the definitely "not in"

people,
and not even part of it enough to be one of the "out" people. I never

think
in those terms anymore. A lot of it has to do with age, I think, and
learning not to care about those considerations.

I much more prefer being 'not in' in that regard myself, whether by choice
or not. I think that's more interesting. But that's not the how I meant it
anyway.

I do now feel part of a disenfranchised group, but I certainly don't feel
banned from any in group, or any less than my rich sister, or my skinny
sister, or my very mentally energetic friends.

Life is good.

Tina

I don't understand the last part, but it's late and I'm tired. I hope that
you've read this in the tone that I've intended...respectful and meaningful.

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

Old July 5th 04, 09:23 AM
Marisa Cappetta

A spoonerism. Biggest nag? Either you're pms-ing or you're eating a pony.
Marisa AU/NZ

Snippity from me

A big bag (Not the niggest bag, but a large one) of Cheetohs, each cheetoh
broken into at least two pieces.

WTF kind of typo is _that_? Cripes.

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 5th 04, 09:30 AM
Marisa Cappetta

I'm astonished that anyone would ask another artist or crafts person for a
step by step guide to their original work. Given what I know about how busy
many of the bead makers are, it amazes me that they are disturbed by emails
of this nature. The ng provides an adequate resource for queries. Adequate
but not complete. That's as it should be. There are plenty of other
resources, including the local library or taking a short course.
Marisa AU/NZ

What would be considered tactless would be if you were, say, a jewelry
designer, and you emailed another, more successful jewelry designer who
didn't know you at all, not even online, and asked them the name of
their wholesaler and step-by-step directions for their really cool
signature clasps.

As I understand it, that's the sort of breach of manners that's being
discussed here.

Yes, that's absolutely correct. I find it interesting that some people got
that right away -- and some others totally misinterpreted the message. Makes
you wonder.
~~
Sooz

Old July 5th 04, 10:01 AM
Marisa Cappetta

I believe so. In any event, I find her posts cold and calculated. I'll take
your impassioned and authentic responses over cold and calculated any day.
Marisa AU/NZ

Old July 5th 04, 06:59 PM
Dr. Sooz

It is such a low class thing to say.

Can you explain "low class"? I don't understand.
~~
Sooz
Old July 5th 04, 07:22 PM
mjoann

Dr. Sooz wrote:
It is such a low class thing to say.

Can you explain "low class"? I don't understand.
~~
Sooz

When telling someone to kiss your ass? Low class as in tacky, trashy,
pertaining to the less cultured peoples with poor etiquette, etc.
That kind of low class.

Old July 5th 04, 07:37 PM
Dr. Sooz

When telling someone to kiss your ass? Low class as in tacky, trashy,
pertaining to the less cultured peoples with poor etiquette, etc.
That kind of low class.

I get it! So, you were insulting me. Very high class of you (not).
~~
Sooz