Planning, dreaming...

Old December 10th 03, 03:00 AM
Karen MN

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:59:49 -0600, Karen MN wrote:

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 13:03:01 -0800, Ranee Mueller wrote:

In article , Noreen's
Knit*che wrote:

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 11:28:37 -0800, Ranee Mueller wrote:

I am also working on a pattern that I am submitting to Interweave
Knits. They don't require the pattern in the submission packet, a
swatch, sketch, schematic and description are what they need to
consider
it, then you move on with the pattern and knitting. That's not to

say
that I haven't done any of that yet, but you don't need it to be
finished to submit an idea for a pattern. Their deadline for next
winter (or fall, can't remember now) is December 15.

Thank you for THAT info, Ranee! I didn't have a clue as to where to
begin!

If you e-mail any of the publishers, they should send you their
standards, deadlines and themes. At this point, however, you probably
wouldn't get them in time for sending this month, but if you e-mail

me,
I can pass on what information I have.

Regards,
Ranee

I will do that, Ranee. It's like getting the standards from a
bookpublisher.... (which I did in the 80's when I wrote a Romance

Novel)
But, I will be writing YOU offlist... it may be a day or two or

three...
things are NUTS around here right now....
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.

Noreen, tell us about the romance novel you wrote! How cool!

Karen in MN

But, Karen, it didn't get published (
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.

But even writing one is a major accomplishment and something to be really
proud of. I think that's awesome!! Besides . . . it just hasn't been
published YET. Did you ever read "Zen & The Art of Motorcycle
Maintenance"? It was turned down by 121 publishers before one said yes --
and now more than 25 years later, it's still being published, and millions
of copies have been sold. You never know.

Old December 10th 03, 04:11 AM
Els van Dam

In article , Noreen's Knit*che
wrote:

Two big things....
As soon as we get through the Holidays, I need to finish my Cobweb Shawl,
and I 'hope' to submit the pattern and photos to one or more knitting
magazines.
THEN, I plan on spinning and dying enough fleece so that I can design an
afghan that I want to enter in the DeKalb County Fair in July, 2004.
Good intentions, anyway!!!
Hugs,
Noreen

Wow....I am impressed indeed.....I very good beginning:...."intensions"

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old December 10th 03, 04:12 AM
Els van Dam

In article , Noreen's
Knit*che wrote:

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 00:00:53 -0600, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Two big things....
As soon as we get through the Holidays, I need to finish my Cobweb Shawl,
and I 'hope' to submit the pattern and photos to one or more knitting
magazines.
THEN, I plan on spinning and dying enough fleece so that I can design an
afghan that I want to enter in the DeKalb County Fair in July, 2004.
Good intentions, anyway!!!
Hugs,
Noreen

And, I already know, I did it again DYEING, not dying!!!
Noreen
who is tired......

Noreen: No wonder that you are tired....with all these very exciting
plans....go and have a nap......(smiling)

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

Old December 11th 03, 02:34 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

KH wrote:
But even writing one is a major accomplishment and something to be really
proud of. I think that's awesome!! Besides . . . it just hasn't been
published YET. Did you ever read "Zen & The Art of Motorcycle
Maintenance"? It was turned down by 121 publishers before one said yes --
and now more than 25 years later, it's still being published, and millions
of copies have been sold. You never know.

Well, now, I still have it, perhaps it's time to polish it up and resubmit!
It was in the American Romance line for Harlequin... set in Colorado....
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 12th 03, 03:17 AM
Katherine

"Ray Almond" wrote
snip
I'm sure I read something similar happened (although not that many
publishers) for The Lord of The Rings.

And "Animal Farm"!!!
Katherine