Have you ever felt like this?

Old November 16th 03, 05:26 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default Have you ever felt like this?

I mean...Let's think like this:

Lucinda likes to knit. Her friend Barbara knows it and sends
some yarn to Lucinda. Lucinda is happy about the present and
promises: "When the right time comes, I will use this yarn
to some project of mine."

Well, then the time will come and Lucinda takes the yarn
Barbara sent. Lucinda begins to knit and thinks the receiver
of the product. And while knitting she remembers how she got
the yarn. She feels like Barbara would be with her. And that
the project she knits is not completely hers. It belongs to
Barbara too.

Have you ever felt something like this? Because I am making
a project at the moment, and my feelings about it are the
same I just told above. Crazy?

Best: Pirjo

Old November 16th 03, 07:52 PM
georg

Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:

Have you ever felt something like this? Because I am making
a project at the moment, and my feelings about it are the
same I just told above. Crazy?

Over on the quilting newsgroup, it's often done that folks are sent
"squishies" which are bits of fabric. There are also HUG quilts made to
make a group member feel better about something (horribly ill,
celebration of birth or marriage, recover from loss of beloved or
divorce). So I really like using fabric I have received to make parts
for the HUG quilts. It really shares the love.

It is not crazy. =)

-georg

Old November 16th 03, 08:11 PM
Sorola Pinja

Oh Georg....Thank you. *gratefulness in her eyes* Somehow I had a feeling
someone would get the point...and I think you got it. I do not follow
RCTQ at the moment....Maybe I should. And in that blankie...there is
squares of single blue color and squares of gray and gray-blue. The gray and
gray-blue...There is 2 yarns in those squares, but I handle them as one
yarn. The single gray yarn is from me and blue-gray is from one certain
member of RCTY. And because of that bond I feel she is with me when I knit.
Best: Pirjo
"georg" kirjoitti
m...

Old November 16th 03, 08:46 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Georg,

You'll have to watch as we sometimes have special secret projects going for
others here in our group. There are a couple going now. If you would care to
hear about them you can drop me a note.

Pirjo,

Yes, I know exactly how you feel and it's a nice warm and cosy feeling.

Hugs,

Auntie Nora
Old November 16th 03, 10:36 PM
MikeyD

Old November 16th 03, 10:56 PM
seaspray

Since I have never received any yarns from anyone, I cannot exactly say I
have connection to anything that I make, but rather from things that are
given to me.
I feel this way whenever I look at and use an afghan that my DH's Nana gave
us. She passed away last year at the age of 95. Up until 6 months before
she died she was so full of spirit that she would run your toes over with
her wheelchair! I simply loved her. As I examine the afghan, I see the
stitches that she so carefully made, as they are perfect. And I feel her
close to me. I miss her and I am so glad I have something from her. I will
keep it forever.

Old November 16th 03, 11:22 PM
JW

"seaspray" seaside stitcher @ yahoo. com wrote in message

I feel this way whenever I look at and use an afghan that my DH's Nana

gave
us.

I feel this way about an afghan that my grandma made for my daughter a few
years ago. My grandma's gone now, but I just treasure that afghan (maybe
because it was one of the last ones she made). The stitches have started
coming undone a couple of different times and I lovingly repaired them both
times!

There's a cute story with the afghan too that I'll pass on. My daughter was
about 4 or 5 when my grandma made it for her and it's a bright green with
tiny splashes of all kinds of other bright colors in it (kind of variegated,
but mostly just little spots of color on green), like yellow, bright pink,
orange, purple, etc. It makes me think of Easter grass! lol (You know,
the packages that you buy at the store of the plastic Easter grass?)
Anyway, when my grandma gave it to my daughter (no special ceremony, she
just handed it to her folded up), my daughter's eyes got huge (remember this
is a 4-year-old!), she rubbed her hands lovingly all over it and said in a
hushed whisper, "Ohhhhh, it's so beautiful!!!!" Then she laid her head on
it. She has kept it on her bed ever since....and the best part is, it's
made of just plain old cheap acrylic yarn. lol But my grandma cried when
Ariana (my dd) reacted that way. I did too! Little do we realize how much
things like this mean to those that we gift them to! ) Right this
moment, you may be knitting someone's 'treasure'. )

How's that for a lift?

Jenn

Old November 16th 03, 11:27 PM
seaspray

How's that for a lift?

Gee, not only was that a lift, but it gave me tears. (this, after a very
trying and busy day at work). A very sweet story, thanks for sharing.

Seaspray

Old November 17th 03, 07:07 AM
Mlle Ilvesvuori

Oh yes! The sweet one indeed! Your comments....they help me to see my
emotions are not crazy...I should not have such a doubt....I should have
known that you get the point, ladies and gents! Oh yes!!!!! Earlier I have
used only my own yarns for projects and never felt like this then. But
now...now when I use the yarn one of the RCTYers sent me...I feel she is
there with me when I knit the yarn she gave me and the yarn I bought myself.
There is 2 different yarns, but I handle them as 1 yarn.
Best: Pirjo
seaspray seaside stitcher @ yahoo. com kirjoitti

Old November 17th 03, 05:53 PM
Cher

Oh yes Pirjo, If I am sent something yarn, or fleece to spin, I always
believe it is part of the other person too....mind you, I then can't part
with it, so the project becomes mine in the end...lol.

cheers....Cher

"Pirjo Ilvesvuori" wrote in message
I mean...Let's think like this:

Lucinda likes to knit. Her friend Barbara knows it and sends
some yarn to Lucinda. Lucinda is happy about the present and
promises: "When the right time comes, I will use this yarn
to some project of mine."

Well, then the time will come and Lucinda takes the yarn
Barbara sent. Lucinda begins to knit and thinks the receiver
of the product. And while knitting she remembers how she got
the yarn. She feels like Barbara would be with her. And that
the project she knits is not completely hers. It belongs to
Barbara too.

Have you ever felt something like this? Because I am making
a project at the moment, and my feelings about it are the
same I just told above. Crazy?

Best: Pirjo

---

Working on felt Dawn Alguard Needlework 1 January 5th 05 10:57 PM
Felt Kits was Question - Embroidery Directions Suzanne Needlework 1 November 11th 04 01:15 PM
reels of felt Gary Mark Stocker Sewing 2 October 17th 04 07:47 PM
random stitches and felt pens Bungadora Needlework 2 August 18th 04 02:53 PM
Felt Art Craft Els van Dam Yarn 4 August 6th 03 07:00 PM