Attic Windows are fun!

Old October 7th 03, 09:06 PM
Anne in CA

Default Attic Windows are fun!

I really wanted to play with the Dolphin Attic Windows pattern that I
will be making for my niece's HS graduation -- in 2006 ;-) but I really
need to get some holiday gifts finished up too. Aha Moment: "Practice"
the Attic Windows pattern by making my Mom a wall hanging!

I didn't have light versions of either the red or the green fabric, so I
used a white on white and call it Snowy Cabin Window. The window pane
fabric was fussy cut to get the moose and bears and trees into different
panes. The easy version of AW using HST's really works. I don't think
the extra seam looks all that bad.

I've backed it with a spruce bough fabric and will get a photo of the
finished piece posted as soon as I hand stitch the binding (saving that
for this evening's telly watching -- hand sewing keeps me out of the
cookies) Preliminary photos available at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Holiday gifts done: 1
Holiday gifts left to do: 8

--
Anne in CA
"Don't miss the diamonds along the way; every road has led us here

Old October 8th 03, 02:21 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Anne in CA wrote:

[...]

Ooooooh! I *like* it!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net

Old October 8th 03, 11:27 AM
Marijke

Absolutely!

I often make attic windows when I want to make a quilt for someone and am
stumped as to what to do. They make great baby quilts with fun novelty
fabrics in the windows, or personalised quilts if you can find enough
fabrics to represent the recipients interest.

My first special gift quilt went to my best friend and each row of the quilt
represented a part of her life. She's a nurse so there was a row of medical
type fabrics, they own an apple orchard so I found lots of apple and farm
fabrics, there were kiddie things for her three children, florals for her
gardens, and beautiful sky fabrics because she works nights. Since I didn't
have enough print fabrics, there are three white blocks, each with different
info. The first has the names of her children embroidered in, the second has
the date of her marriage and the third has the date of the quilt making.

Anyway, all that to say that I agree with you, attic windows are, indeed,
fun.
:-)

Marijke, in Montreal