Medieval Embroidery Wiki Now Open

Old August 29th 03, 05:47 AM
Laren

Default Medieval Embroidery Wiki Now Open

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know about a Wiki that I've just set up.
Its called the Medieval Embroidery Wiki. The purpose of the Wiki is to
provide a central location where information about pre-1600 embroidery
can be found. At the moment, there are bits here and there. Also, stuff
on the web has a tendency to disappear over night. With the Wiki, anyone
can save the whole site to their computer at the push of a button. The
URL is:

http://www.seedwiki.com/page.cfm?wik...evalEmbroidery

For those not familar with Wikis, the beauty of these are that anyone
can be involved. All you need to edit pages is a web browser. You go to
the page, click on the the "Edit Page" button and fill in the box with
info. When you are finished, you click "Save". That's it!

This is a great way for people who have information (but who don't want
to setup and maintain webpages) to share that information with others.

I have set up the structure of the site, but if you think we need more
categories etc, just add them!

I am hoping to get as much hard info as possible up, so where possible,
cite your sources, list books and references that may be helpful, link
to websites with pictures!!

And one final reminder, the focus of this wiki is pre-1600 embroidery,
so anything after that shouldn't be put on the pages.

Cheers,
Jane

Old August 29th 03, 06:28 PM
Barbara Hass

Jane,

I don't have information to add to the page, but what a cool site and a
great resource!

Barbara H. J.

Old August 30th 03, 05:21 AM
Beinchat

I'm very interested in seeing this site, but I keep getting a message that the
site is unavailable.......I wonder if it's this new aol 8 version, been having
a lot of trouble with it....
Marie C.

Embroidery software futa Machine Knit 0 February 6th 05 06:13 AM
Embroidery software ola Marketplace 0 January 26th 05 12:27 PM
Embroidery History Ramblings Linn Skinner Needlework 0 August 16th 03 06:42 PM
Books about Stitches - longish list Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 20 August 8th 03 07:27 AM
CHINESE EMBROIDERY HISTORY & MORE Zoe Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 06:46 AM