Hi - I'm back!

Old November 12th 03, 12:15 AM
Shillelagh

Default Hi - I'm back!

Hi everyone!
My trip to Toronto was wonderful. I enjoyed Skate Canada, visiting with my
daughter and sister, and of course - SHOPPING.

We managed a trip to Romni Wools on Queen St. in Toronto. They carry a
large selection of yarns, however their store is very messy and
disorganized. I can get pretty much all the same yarns at my LYS, which is
Ram Wools - and their store is much nicer. I didn't buy any yarn at Romni,
but did pick up some at Len's Mill Store in Waterloo. This will be to try
to replace the sweater for my daughter that I ended up hating and frogging.
I bought Paton's Astra in a soft grey, and she picked out a fairly simple
cable pullover. I don't think I'll be able to start it until after
Christmas, as I still have some gift knitting to complete.

Of course when I got back yesterday - there were over 2000 messages which
d/l to my machine - I didn't read them all - marked most of them read and
just kept the threads which looked interesting.

I still have to catch up on laundry, e-mails - pay bills, etc..... but
that's the price you pay for a little holiday.

Shelagh

Old November 12th 03, 04:07 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Shelagh,

So happy to hear you had such a great time. I haven't seen Skate Canada yet,
but will look for you, LOL.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 12th 03, 05:19 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Shillelagh"
wrote:

[...]

Back to the grind stone for you

Sheilag I have started the second 6x6 and this time with Otto's help, I am
getting it right on the nose as 6x6. I will keep the 8x8 one ......It is
like baking pancakes the first one is always a messy one to be eaten by
the baker.....LOL

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old November 12th 03, 09:37 PM
Katherine Burgess

Welcome back, Shelagh. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and I know exactly
what you mean about tons of messages waiting for you. Read the ones you
want, and ignore the rest.
Katherine

Old November 13th 03, 11:43 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Welcome ,,,,,,,,,Shelagh
This are your travel taxes ....
mirjam

Old November 16th 03, 05:39 PM
Elizabeth

Hi Cher

I'm glad to see you had a good time in London. I am only about 15 miles away
but have yet to visit the London Eye! It just shows that we take for granted
things that are on our doorsteps

Liz

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Welcome ,,,,,,,,,Shelagh
This are your travel taxes ....
mirjam

Old November 17th 03, 05:33 PM
Cher

Hi Liz

I did think of you before I went, then everything was going too fast and I
had to not bother with the emails to say...Mind you, I didn't know until I
got there I was going on the 'Eye'

Yes you are right, we do not bother with things on our doorsteps, mind you
had I come to London for afew days with the DH we wouldn't have gone up in
that, as he doesn't like things like that..lol.

I used to live in Kilburn years and years ago, I can't even remember it
now..

Cheers.....Cher

wrote:

Welcome back, Shelagh. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and I know

exactly
what you mean about tons of messages waiting for you. Read the ones you
want, and ignore the rest.
Katherine

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
back home again CNYstitcher Quilting 3 February 9th 04 03:09 PM
I'm back -- and the stash is safe! ;) -- somewhat OT Sandy Foster Quilting 6 January 15th 04 07:02 PM
Back from Florida! Is on topic too. AliceW Quilting 5 November 13th 03 01:33 PM
OT- back from the southwest :D alia Beads 6 September 9th 03 08:03 PM