Converting sleeves from set-in to raglan?

Old November 17th 03, 03:35 PM
Linda D.

Good Morning,

I'm not sure if I'm jumpin into the middle of something, but
here in Canada most knitting patterns are for two needles just as you
say they are in England. I have seen posts on the newsgroup about how
to convert them, but have not done it myself. However I am finding I
use circular needles more and more, but just knit back and forth as I
do when I use regular straight knitting needles. I like the fact I
don't have to worry about dropping a needle and it's much easier to
pack in my purse.

take care, Linda

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:03:43 +0000, Jill Treasure
wrote:
It was supposed to be a joke, hence the smiley. I once considered
circular knitting, but couldn't source a long enough needle for the
project I was hoping to knit. Here in England, most patterns are for
two needle projects.

In article , Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
writes
Good Morning Jill Treasure Welcome aboard...so you think some knitting
is weird ??? Why ????

Vancouver Island, bc.ca (remove 'nospam' to reply)
See samples of my work at: www.members.shaw.ca/deugau

Old November 17th 03, 03:48 PM
Karen MN

"Jill Treasure" wrote in message
In article , Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
writes
I have been doing it for 0ver 30 years , and
there is nothing weird about me nore my knitting ,,,
There are so many methods and ways to knit ,, each has it`s merits and
Draw backs , i want to learn why others do , what and how they do it ,
calling it names , doesn`t help, it closes your eyes from learning and
appreciating other methods , other cultures , other people.
mirjam who `weirdly` knits a vest on circulars, who knitted an
entrelac no seam raglan on circulars ,,,,etc etc etc

snipped my previous
My friend once knitted a great wrap, in the form of an armadillo. It
was from a pattern book called, IIRC, Weird Knitting.
--
Best!
Jill

That is what it's called. I just saw something about that book recently, it
was in the last week. I can't remember if it was at the LYS or written up
in a magazine, it was sometime when I was in sort of a hurry, but they had
some excerpts from it, and I remember thinking it looked really interesting!
Now I probably won't be able to find it again.

Karen in MN