Ot are all lost in wooly lands

Old November 29th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default Help on Emily Ocker Cast on

Marilyn,

Do you mean the needles are slipping out of the loops on the needles you
are not knitting yet?

Dennis

Spike Driver wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oogle+Sea rch
Marilyn,
I hope the pages found here will help you on the problem you are having.

If not please post again, one of us will figure out your problem.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Marilyn wrote:
I am here. I am attempting to try the Emily Ocker Cast on. I am trying
to knit a hat/scarf combination that uses that method of cast on for 8
stitches. When I do get the cast on right, I keep dropping the
stitches off the dp needles. I tried the magic loop method but I don't
have a needle in the right size that is long enough. Next I will try
two ciccular needles. My husband watches me when I try to get knitting
started (casting on can be very frustrating at times) and says, "I
thought knitting was supposed to be relaxing?"
Marilyn

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ???? mirjam
I was thinking the same thing Mirjam!!!!

Its winter now, where is every one?

We miss you all.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old November 29th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

Thank you!

Old November 29th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

Yes, the needles were slipping out. I changed the size of the crochet hook I
was using until I found one that made loops that were tight enough without
being too big. Of course I recently misplaced the hook that would have
worked the best. I have knit a couple of rows so far. I think it is ok now.
I numbered the bamboo needles with a pencil so I could tell which needle I
should knit first etc. for the first two rows, and I worked with the needles
while I was sitting at a table. I am using black yarn at my DD#2 request
which does not make it any easier. The dp needles are working for me so far.
I don't think I will need to use 2 circulars.

Old November 29th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

Default Ot are all lost in wooly lands

On Nov 27, 9:55 am, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ????
mirjam

I've been around, busy knitting. My oldest son has discovered how to
use the computer and loves to play on a kids' site. So I don't have
as much acess to the computer as I used to.

I am busily knitting a hat for a friend of mine to give as a Christmas
present, as well as lots of handknitted dishcloths for teacher gifts
at my sons' schools. The hat I'm knitting is entrelac, and so I have
to pay attention to what I'm doing!

hope everyone is well!

lisa
Old November 30th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Marilyn,

It is hard to get used to handling double point needles. I had the same
problem when starting sock, I have made many pairs of socks now.

I found bamboo DPs to be some help.
I hope you find the smaller crochet hook, it does help.

Please let us know if you need any more help. DPs do take a time to
learn how to handle, they are a skill all in there own!

Did any of the post help?

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old November 30th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Nov 27, 9:55 am, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ????
mirjam

Still here, Mirjam! Just winding down to the end of term - papers
almost
all finished, exam preparation continuing. I don't get here often, but
am still around once in a while.

Higs,
Katherine
Old November 30th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

I used this site to help with the cast on:
http://www.spellingtuesday.com/circular_co.html
It was the first in the list. It helped alot. I do much better with learning
from photos than I do with only written directions.
I have used larger dp needles to make hats without a problem.
But the smaller dp needles and the small number of cast on stitches are
another matter all together! I definitely need more practice. I am not going
to let 5 thin pieces of wood and some string get the best of me!
Sounds brave doesn't it?
Thanks again,

Old December 1st 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Marilyn,

Yes you are brave, you sound just like my Gail.

I think we all had the same problem with the shorter DPs. I have been
knitting socks for over a quarter century now. I used do hate toe up soc
ks, you have very few stitches to start from. I don't even think about
it now. I do prefer top down socks I remember having a great fear of
DPNs at first, you will do fine Marilyn.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old December 1st 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

YarnWright wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a FINE 'yarn':

It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ????
mirjam
---

Mirjam . . .

Waving wildly across the big pond, I've not been swallowed *yet*!
Noreen

I here also Mirjam!!!
Dennis

And another (with many thanks to Wooly) Vintage Purls Yarn 14 January 10th 07 11:40 AM
Wooly! YarnWright Yarn 1 June 18th 06 07:51 PM
OT `Lost` land with all thosel lost things was RANT Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 January 16th 06 05:13 PM
WOOLY??? Spinning Lilac Yarn 0 November 18th 05 09:56 PM
Att'n: Wooly, oh Wooly!!!! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 2 August 10th 05 08:56 PM