One beef so far

Old November 19th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

Default One beef so far

Got my Rave invite and was setting up the notebook....finished stuff and the
only way to load a pix of items is via flicker.......I hate flicker as for
me on a slow dial up it takes forever....all of my pixs are saved on my hard
drive, so other than not being able to post pixs so far looks good and I
found a group for Dayton area knitters.

Old November 20th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"DAB" wrote in

Got my Rave invite and was setting up the
notebook....finished stuff and the only way to load a pix
of items is via flicker.......I hate flicker as for me on a
slow dial up it takes forever....all of my pixs are saved
on my hard drive, so other than not being able to post
pixs so far looks good and I found a group for Dayton area
knitters.

did you say hello on the rtcy group? it's been a little slow,
but that's ok. we post here
lee
Old November 20th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

enigma wrote:
"DAB" wrote in

Got my Rave invite and was setting up the
notebook....finished stuff and the only way to load a pix
of items is via flicker.......I hate flicker as for me on a
slow dial up it takes forever....all of my pixs are saved
on my hard drive, so other than not being able to post
pixs so far looks good and I found a group for Dayton area
knitters.

did you say hello on the rtcy group? it's been a little slow,
but that's ok. we post here
lee

oh ****....no but will go back and hunt you all downG

Donna

Old November 20th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"DAB" wrote in message news:LTo0j.6100$K_3.1970@trnddc03...
Got my Rave invite and was setting up the notebook....finished stuff and

the
only way to load a pix of items is via flicker.......I hate flicker as for
me on a slow dial up it takes forever....all of my pixs are saved on my

hard
drive, so other than not being able to post pixs so far looks good and I
found a group for Dayton area knitters.

It would cost the Ravelry owners far too much money to host all the pictures
of all the people on Ravelry, so that's why a photo host like Flickr is
necessary. I signed up to test using Photobucket (which I far prefer), but
it still requires uploading pictures to a photo host. The only pictures
hosted on Ravelry servers are the avatar pictures you load into your own
profile. I hope you enjoy Ravelry as much as I've come to.

Just as an aside, I also have all my pictures on my hard drive as I would
never trust any photo hosting service with my only copies. Just the other
day I backed up all my pictures and filled 4 CDs. ;)

Shelagh

Old November 20th 07, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
i hope i sm not going to loose contact with all of you when you go to
ravelery ,,,,
mirjam

Oh Mirjam, I think most of us will still check in here too.... it's quite
easy to check messages here a few times a day (which I do), and I leave
Ravelry up the whole time I have my computer on. Why don't you sign up for
Ravelry too? I'll bet you'd have a great time looking at all the knitting
and crochet projects.

Shelagh

Old November 20th 07, 10:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

Shillelagh wrote:
"DAB" wrote in message
Got my Rave invite and was setting up the notebook....finished stuff
and the only way to load a pix of items is via flicker.......I hate
flicker as for me on a slow dial up it takes forever....all of my
pixs are saved on my hard drive, so other than not being able to
post pixs so far looks good and I found a group for Dayton area
knitters.

It would cost the Ravelry owners far too much money to host all the
pictures of all the people on Ravelry, so that's why a photo host
like Flickr is necessary. I signed up to test using Photobucket
(which I far prefer), but it still requires uploading pictures to a
photo host. The only pictures hosted on Ravelry servers are the
avatar pictures you load into your own profile. I hope you enjoy
Ravelry as much as I've come to.

Ok that makes sense. So far I like it and I view it as an additional source
for my fave hobby and love all the adsG

Just as an aside, I also have all my pictures on my hard drive as I
would never trust any photo hosting service with my only copies.
Just the other day I backed up all my pictures and filled 4 CDs. ;)

Me too, my blog is hosted via my website domain and I can store pictures
there too but will always have them on my PC and thumb drive.

Donna

Old November 20th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

No sweet Mirjam...no chance of that...usenet is my first love and nothing
will take it's place.

Donna

Old November 20th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:11:01 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

What's Ravelry?

Mary

It's an online community dedicated to hand work like knitting,
crochet, and I guess even sewing. I've been too busy to sign up, but
my friend did, and it took her a month to get her invite. They are in
the beta testing phase and are adding a couple hundred people every
day, but with thousands in line all the time now, it takes time to get
processed.

You sign up at www.ravelry.com.

Leah