OT Finally spoke with DS

Old April 12th 04, 04:25 PM
JG

Good for you! I'm glad you called him--and you had a good conversation, too!
Please keep us posted.
--
Ginger (in Texas) whose son just joined the Navy--has delayed entry for
December

"Michelle" wrote in message
I finally got to speak with DS yesterday. It was sure good to hear his
voice!! None of the unpleasant things were mentioned and we talked for
nearly 2 hrs. He is supposed to be leaving this week sometime and that is
all he knows. They've been telling them this now for over a month, he's
still here and that's good. The kids were screaming and crying in the
background, dog barking at the cat and we just kept talking as if they
weren't there. I told him that I have the kids Easter things and I'd be
sending them now, since I have the new address. He was happy to hear that.
I just thought I'd let you all know that I *DID* get to talk to him.

It
took longer than expected for me to finally make the call........I didn't
have his number and the 3 hr time difference made it more than a little
difficult. Seems everytime I'd think and remember to call, it would be
wayyyy to late on the east coast. It's done and I feel much better now.
Thanks to all of you for the encouragement.
Shelly

Old April 12th 04, 05:24 PM
Dr. Quilter

that is great Shelly. don't you have a weight off your chest now that
you've taken this first step towards healing the relationship? I would
die if I didn't get along with my family. I have been away from them for
a loong time but knowing they are always there for me has really helped
through the hard times - being alone and 10,000 miles away is bad, even
if you are not in the middle of a war situation so I can imagine this
will be really important for him!

Michelle wrote:

I finally got to speak with DS yesterday. It was sure good to hear his
voice!! None of the unpleasant things were mentioned and we talked for
nearly 2 hrs.

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Old April 12th 04, 07:44 PM
Jalynne

Shelly, I'm so glad for you. Broken relationships are just so sad, and I'm excited
that you were able to take the first step in repairing yours. It will probably never
be the same again...but perhaps even better. Hugs!
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652

Old April 12th 04, 08:14 PM
AliceW

Shelly, your message brought a tear to my eyes. How wonderful that
you reconnected and for such a goodly amount of time - and with no
mention of the past. It's best to develop "amnesia" at times like
this. I am so happy for you both and for family members on both
sides. I wish him Godspeed when and if he finally goes and hope for a
safe return home. He will be in my prayers. I will be saying them
more now since my step-son will be leaving for the Marines in a few
months. His father is not overjoyed at the thought, but it's what he
wants to do.

Thanks for sharing your good news with us!

Alice in NJ

Old April 12th 04, 10:30 PM
Kate Dicey

Michelle wrote:

[...]

Just STAY in touch now! Put the past behind you and start anew.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old April 12th 04, 11:26 PM
Michelle

Yes! I do feel much better and the weight is gone, only to be replaced with
worry. I'll be worried sick about him as long as he's out of the country.
Our family is very close and nothing like this has ever happened and this
wouldn't have ever happened if DD hadn't wanted to earn brownie points from
DS because she was mad at me. I've learned a very valuable lesson here. Say
nothing in front of anyone, unless you want it repeated. To keep you from
saying something you'll regret later, just pretend the person is standing
beside you and apt to overhear your words. I won't soon forget that little
trick. lol

I have no idea when I'll see my son and his family again because of the
military and east/west coast distance. Hopefully, he'll get to come home for
Christmas and I can see all of them then. Other than Christmas, it'll be
pretty hard to work out a time to get together.

Shelly

Old April 12th 04, 11:36 PM
Sharon Harper

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} Shelly, I'm so happy for you.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html