Site Monitoring

Old December 17th 10, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Maureen Grace-Miller

Default Site Monitoring

Wow, what happened to this site? I've been away for a long time but now
that I'm back I'm seeing one message for every ten to twenty adverts.
This site should be monitored to keep the advertisiers out.

Maureen
Old December 17th 10, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Lizzy Taylor

On 17/12/2010 13:24, Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Wow, what happened to this site? I've been away for a long time but now
that I'm back I'm seeing one message for every ten to twenty adverts.
This site should be monitored to keep the advertisiers out.

As this is an unmoderated usenet newsgroup it is not possible to prevent
advertisers from posting here. However, by using a filtered newsfeed or
using the filtering options in your news reader it should be possible to
prevent most of the adverts & spam reaching your eyes.

I read using Thunderbird as my news reader and block as many ads as I
can with that.

Lizzy
Old December 17th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzeeq

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 17/12/2010 13:24, Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Wow, what happened to this site? I've been away for a long time but now
that I'm back I'm seeing one message for every ten to twenty adverts.
This site should be monitored to keep the advertisiers out.

As this is an unmoderated usenet newsgroup it is not possible to prevent
advertisers from posting here. However, by using a filtered newsfeed or
using the filtering options in your news reader it should be possible to
prevent most of the adverts & spam reaching your eyes.

I read using Thunderbird as my news reader and block as many ads as I
can with that.

Lizzy

Right, if you use a good newsserver they filter out most of them; I only
see 3 or 4 a week, maybe. Even if one uses Google groups, there's an
addon you can get for Firefox that filters them.
Old December 20th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Dec 17, 3:24*pm, Maureen Grace-Miller
wrote:
Wow, what happened to this site? *I've been away for a long time but now
that I'm back I'm seeing one message for every ten to twenty adverts.
This site should be monitored to keep the advertisiers out.

Maureen

Maureen many of the regular writers moved out to a closed moderated
group , after a nasty `flood of nasty ofensive posts .
Was there any knitting or crochet matter that you wanted to discuss?
mirjam

New site Don/Gen Quilting 3 January 23rd 06 05:18 PM
Monitoring electricity consumption of a device? Ron Parker Glass 51 October 4th 05 06:20 PM
OT - gestational diabetes and long-term monitoring Wooly Yarn 1 June 23rd 05 04:43 PM
O.T. Diabetic monitoring programs? Liz Hampton Needlework 12 January 20th 05 08:19 PM
New site irish.red Beads 6 September 6th 04 06:58 AM