12" QOV blocks ?

Old June 30th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Default 12" QOV blocks ?

Is anyone collecting these? One of the groups I belong to was collecting
them and making quilts. Haven't heard much about it recently. The first
time I sent them blocks it was weeks before I knew that they got there.
They are about to wind up their participation.

Just wondered if there is someone else I could send the 12" RWB and
red-white blocks to.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old June 30th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kay,
My guild is making Quilts of Valor this year as our
community service. If you send the blocks here, I can
probably use them with my new little group. ( I posted
about this a few days ago.) We plan to make a RWB quilt
in August, IIRC. If not, I will give them to another of
the small groups that is making the Quilts of Valor.
Thanks for your kindness.
PAT in VA/USA

Old June 30th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

It was your original email that prompted my question. Are you also making
quilts for Canadian soldiers? That's why we were also making just
red-and-white blocks in addition to the RWB.

August? I could have a nice little pile by then. I don't have any right
now. I did send a small batch off to the other group, then I got reluctant
to make any more. Bought bunches of RWB fabrics before the other group's
efforts tapered off. So now that I know a place to send them, I'll make
some on the 4th of July.

You might get them just a few at a time. Do I use your address in the #13
RCTQ directory?

Old July 2nd 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

THANK YOU KAY!! Due to postage costs, we will not be
sending quilts to soldiers in Canada. I do send my best
wishes though! So, you might want to find a Canadian
quilters for any red/white blocks.

The r/w/b blocks will be very welcome here! Today I
made two in the Ohio Star pattern. I needed to make a
few practice blocks before cutting a bunch for a
different project. Using the r/w/b colorway gave me
practice blocks that will eventually go into a quilt.
My address has not changed in years, so I guess you've
got it. Again, thank you so much!!

PAT in Virginia

Old July 2nd 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon

Kay Ahr wrote:
It was your original email that prompted my question. Are you also making
quilts for Canadian soldiers? That's why we were also making just
red-and-white blocks in addition to the RWB.

August? I could have a nice little pile by then. I don't have any right
now. I did send a small batch off to the other group, then I got reluctant
to make any more. Bought bunches of RWB fabrics before the other group's
efforts tapered off. So now that I know a place to send them, I'll make
some on the 4th of July.

You might get them just a few at a time. Do I use your address in the #13
RCTQ directory?- Hide quoted text -

Kay's question about quilts for Canadian soldiers has got me to
wondering if a HUG quilt has ever been made for a Canadian person in
need of a hug. Just wondering.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old July 2nd 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

Hmmm if not I volunteer to recieve one

Carissa in BC Canada

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Butterflies are not insects, they are

oups.com...

Old July 2nd 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

In Canada there is a Canadian Comfort and Remembrance Project. (CCRP)
There is a block pattern, designed by Jennifer Hodge (Picket Fences in
Brockville), for the CCRP that may not be used for profit or resale. My LQS
is having a "Stitch-In" Oct 5, and kits will be available to make blocks.
The finished blocks will be sewn into a quilt by the shop staff, and given
to CCRP.

--
Susan in Kingston ON
back to quilting, as usual