Beader's Mystery

Old January 24th 05, 02:11 PM
maryluna

Default Beader's Mystery

Funny, I thought I'd posted this the other day... oh well... there is a
new pulp mystery just for us: Bead on Trouble by Barbara Burnett Smith.
A retired politician who loves to bead goes on a bead retreat where
someone is (of course) murdered. I just finished it up last night and
considering the genre it was a fun read, particularly the beader's
references. I understand it's going to be a series. Here's the
publisher's link, with a link to the opening excerpt if you're
interested:

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/B...199991,00.html

And Amazon of course...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Anybody else read this yet?
Mary T. 8-)

Aunt Molly's Bead Street
http://www.flash.net/~mjtafoya
eBay: seriousbeader

Old January 24th 05, 03:51 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Haven't read it yet, Mary, but I did see an ad for it in one of the beading
mags, recently.

Barbara

oups.com...

Old January 24th 05, 09:06 PM
katieW.

LOL!!!

I was housesitting this past week for my dad and stepmom(who is a
Mystery Connoisseur),
When I stopped in the first day, there was my glass pan from the
christmas fudge, and in it were 2 packages of lampwork beads, some
mexican food coupons, and that very book!! I am dying to read it (no
pun intended), but between the snowplowing, and getting a few pieces
for jewelry set for juries, I have yet to start it. I am going to
Atlanta the first weekeknd in Feb to meet Jerri, and go to the
Intergalactic Bead Show (and I am NOT going home with a dog. I'm Not.
I can totally resist Hoover. HA! famous last words) and I plan for
that book to be my airplane read. I know if my stepmom recommends it
for a read, it must be good!!

Katie

Old January 25th 05, 03:56 PM
katieW.

VJ: LOL... my stepmom is Pam Jacoby, whom I believe you've known for
quite a while. She is the one who recommended me to your site.

Old January 26th 05, 01:45 AM
katieW.

Isn't she though?! She has been a wonderful addition to the family!

**grin** she is a sweetheart . . . and yes, we've known each other
for years! sorry - i didn't put it all together!

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Beaders' Preferences List Dr. Sooz Beads 23 January 14th 05 01:10 PM
Book Review: The Beader's Bible EL Beads 0 December 5th 04 08:38 PM
looking for beaders in NYC Tara Beads 3 June 27th 04 10:32 PM
Beaders Rule!! DreamBeadr Beads 4 February 3rd 04 04:31 PM
AD - Cool Beader's T-shirts and mugs for sale! Dr. Sooz Beads 0 July 10th 03 03:40 AM