15-91

Old April 2nd 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DEM

Default 15-91

that's not the year I was born but close! Try it backwards and
that will tell you how old I am.

Been sewing on my ole Singer 15-91 and having SO MUCH FUN!
Doing a pineapple paper-peice pattern of blues, raspberries with
the main flower material having all those colors. Not a big quilt
but this is the first time I've used this machine so wanted to start
out with something simple.

Such perfect little stitches! My baby is in an cabinet that was
made just for her.....and I found the cabinet at a local sewing
machine repair shop for $15.00!!

So I should be outside weeding, mowing my lawn, washing my
car or at least be cleaning house. NOT!

Happy Tuesday.

Donna
in WA

Old April 2nd 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

That machine is a pure joy! I learned to sew on a 15-91. Actually I learned
to sew on a little Singer Sew Handy and graduated to my mother's 15-91 the
summer between 2nd and 3rd grade. I still remember the green Singer delivery
van bringing her machine to the house when I was four years old...and was
presented with my very OWN Singer Sew Handy by the delivery man which I
still have. Boy did I put the mileage on that machine...LOL both of them! I
always thought it sounded like it purred when it sewed. Enjoy your machine,
we'll have this nice weather into next week.

Val

Old April 2nd 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
threads

On Apr 1, 7:46 pm, "DEM" wrote:
that's not the year I was born but close! Try it backwards and
that will tell you how old I am.

Been sewing on my ole Singer 15-91 and having SO MUCH FUN!
Doing a pineapple paper-peice pattern of blues, raspberries with
the main flower material having all those colors. Not a big quilt
but this is the first time I've used this machine so wanted to start
out with something simple.

Such perfect little stitches! My baby is in an cabinet that was
made just for her.....and I found the cabinet at a local sewing
machine repair shop for $15.00!!

So I should be outside weeding, mowing my lawn, washing my
car or at least be cleaning house. NOT!

Happy Tuesday.

Donna
in WA

I love the Singer 15-91, it does sew a beautiful stitch and free
motion quilts beautifully. And it has enough room to handle a really
large quilt too.

What a wonderful machine!!!!

Peace,

Marsha in nw, OH
Old April 2nd 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Apr 1, 6:46*pm, "DEM" wrote:
that's not the year I was born but close! *Try it backwards and
that will tell you how old I am. *

Been sewing on my ole Singer 15-91 and having SO MUCH FUN!
Doing a pineapple paper-peice pattern of blues, raspberries with
the main flower material having all those colors. *Not a big quilt
but this is the first time I've used this machine so wanted to start
out with something simple.

Such perfect little stitches! *My baby is in an cabinet that was
made just for her.....and I found the cabinet at a local sewing
machine repair shop for $15.00!!

So I should be outside weeding, mowing my lawn, washing my
car or at least be cleaning house. *NOT!

Happy Tuesday.

Donna
in WA

It *is* a wonderful machine. Mine does beautiful, perfect stitches and
just
never "messes up". I've bought a new machine but keep going back
to the 15-91 for piecing. Her cabinet I believe, is maple, with French
provincial style legs. Wish I could find the stool that matches it.
Doesn't have the side drawers either, which would be handy.

Sherry
Old April 8th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

This thread really jumped out at me.
My SO and I visited his Mom on Sunday, took her grocery/drug store/
shopping and she treated us to brunch at her retirement community.
She's been ill and now has a cracked bone in her good foot.
Anyway, she asked me to do some mending for her on her machine, an
15-91, AG922924, it runs like a charm. It hasn't ever been to a shop
for repair, she has oiled it occasionally, but not in the last ten
years! It is in a French Provincial cabinet with a shallow tilt open
front "thingy", I found the original green manual there.
I have expressed my desire to have it when she no longer wants it, she
is 87.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old April 8th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Apr 8, 10:21*am, Bonnie Patterson
wrote:
This thread really jumped out at me.
My SO and I visited his Mom on Sunday, took her grocery/drug store/
shopping and she treated us to brunch at her retirement community.
She's been ill and now has a cracked bone in her good foot.
Anyway, she asked me to do some mending for her on her machine, an
15-91, AG922924, it runs like a charm. It hasn't ever been to a shop
for repair, she has oiled it occasionally, but not in the last ten
years! It is in a French Provincial cabinet with a shallow tilt open
front "thingy", I found the original green manual there.
I have expressed my desire to have it when she no longer wants it, she
is 87.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

That sounds exactly like the cabinet mine is in. It was purchased in
1953.

Sherry
Old April 9th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DEM

Hi, Bonnie

you will LOVE this machine!! Such perfect stitches and it oh
so sings! My cabinet is not the same as yours but it's close.

Donna
in WA