12 Step Program

Old March 16th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default 12 Step Program

In article . net,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

My name is Polly and I have made a mess. (Joining Alice, Kate, Leslie and
the others who have already cleansed their souls by confessing their
lapses.)
I discovered labels at the office supply store made "for quilts" by the
nice people who make all the really good labels for ordinary office work.
I printed one carefully by the directions, pressed it on the back of my
graduation gift quilt, and stitched it on - including within the corner
edges of the binding.
Then I washed it.
Oh, woe is me.
It raveled enthusiastically and faded pitifully.
Removing it and getting one that has been recommended - Treasures, I
think - will not kill me. Ah well.
How many times have I told you to try a test sample first? How many
times? When will I learn to listen? Polly

What a shame, Polly! I guess people who make paper labels just don't
understand what it takes to make a fabric label. But I think you'll like
Printed Treasures -- it does hold up.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old March 16th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I wish you lived close to me! I'd volunteer to remove that nasty label with
one of my trusty mustache trimmers I use for such things! I'm a pro at frog
stitching with it.
KJ

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Double thank yous, Mary. First for the really fine word for my
repertoire. I'll put it to good use while frog-stitching. And covering
the label will be my Plan B. I think I'll begin by checking out a few
movies from the library and dig in. War and Peace might be a good choice,
followed, of course, by Learning Portuguese for Dummies. That should be
helpful for the 'some assembly required' instructions that came with our
new phones. Polly

"Tia Mary" wrote Perhaps this would be a way to put wonky test blocks
to good use?!?!?
Put test labels on them and give them a wash =8-O.
Polly -- why don't you just cut off the raveled edges of the yucky
store bought label and then cover it with a PollyMade label? Perhaps if
you made a layered label with a dark piece of fabric (that is a bit
larger than the yucky store bought one) and then a piece of lighter
fabric on top with your writing on it? You could cut the larger piece of
fabric in some pretty design like a flower or leaf or GATOR or even a
KITTY CAT and then make the light piece whatever shape you want? That
would have to be much easier than trying to remove an ironed on
*(%(*&#*&^#$ yucky store bought label!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old March 16th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Did you add that to the "weird tools" thread? Sounds like the perfect
tool to add to the mix!

AliceW