wedding bells by stoney creek

Old February 2nd 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default wedding bells by stoney creek

I was wondering if anyone has purchaced '1 corinthians 13- wedding
bells' by stoney creek at Petternsonline. My friend is just starting it
and has some trouble reading the special instructions on the symbol
page. Thanks

Old February 3rd 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Amber wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has purchaced '1 corinthians 13- wedding
bells' by stoney creek at Petternsonline. My friend is just starting it
and has some trouble reading the special instructions on the symbol
page. Thanks

I am working this pattern (at least I think so from your description)
right now (off and on, started it when DH and I were engaged, stopped to
plan wedding, get married, etc. and have yet to get back to it...). Did
not get it from Patternsonline - bought the book from Stoney Creek.

What questions do you have? The pattern book is at home, but I can look
things up when I get home after work and answer whatever quetsions you
have. Email me off-list if you like: .

Barbara
Old February 4th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Hi barbara, my question is this:

Are there special instrucions for the blending filaments? (It may have
been added my patterns online) Apparently some of the symbols there
cannot be found in the colour key or the chart.

Old February 4th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Amber wrote:
Hi barbara, my question is this:

Are there special instrucions for the blending filaments? (It may have
been added my patterns online) Apparently some of the symbols there
cannot be found in the colour key or the chart.

Looking at pattern "I Corinthians 13" from Stoney Creek book 172, "Altar
Occasions".....

The pattern calls for Kreinik:
032 - pearl blending filament
002HL - gold hi lustre blending filament for backstitching
001HL - silver hi lustre blending filamnet for backstitching

I see 8 symbols on the anchor/dmc number chart that have ** next to
them, for example:

Symbol = 3
Use anchor 392** or dmc 642**

Symbol = Q
Use anchor 956** or dmc 677**

The instructions for the symbols with ** say to use 1 strand of floss
and 2 strands of pearl blending filament.

Other instructions mentioning the Kreinik:
- Backstitch doves' beaks and feet, bells, and wedding rings between
names in gold hi lustre blending filament.
- Backstitch rest of doves in silver hi lustre blending filament.

I hope that helps. If there are symbols on the pattern that aren't in
the number/symbol chart, try to describe the symbol and/or location in
the pattern. I certainly haven't stitched the whole thing, but also
have not run into any symbols not listed in the chart, so maybe the
pattern format got goofed up when things were converted from print
version to online. Computers have a nasty habit of doing such things....

Barbara
Old February 4th 06, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I think so too, there is no mention of anchor yarn on the color chart,
and it looks like a print-to-online glitch. Please try to see if these
symbols are in the chart: R, J, Q,

is there a telephone number for patterns online? could not find one

thanks

ps. TUT just needs metallic gold thread, and he´s done!

Old February 4th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Amber wrote:
I think so too, there is no mention of anchor yarn on the color chart,
and it looks like a print-to-online glitch. Please try to see if these
symbols are in the chart: R, J, Q,

is there a telephone number for patterns online? could not find one

thanks

ps. TUT just needs metallic gold thread, and he´s done!

There is a Q, dmc677 (1 strand) and 2 strands gold filament. All of the
Qs I see are in the two intertwined hearts at the top of the piece.

I don't see any R or J in this pattern.

I've never used patternsonline.com, so I have no idea if they have a
telephone number. -- pause -- OK, just went to their website, they do
have an email address under "contact us," but don't see a phone number,
so I'd try contacting them through email.

--Barbara